[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ford Mustang "Runaway Corrosion" Class Action Suit
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:38 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

As you are all well aware, Ford Mustangs manufactured in the last decade have been plagued with hood corrosion problems. To date, Ford Motor Company has done little to address this defect. If you are the owner of a 2005-2014 mustang that is showing signs of corrosion on the hood, you may be interested in joining the class that is filing suit against Ford.

Contact Tiffany Ellis, Sommers Schwartz’s Complex Litigation Group, at (248) 355-0300.

More information can be found here:

http://www.sommerspc.com/blog/2014/09/f ... corrosion/

Post subject: Re: Ford Mustang "Runaway Corrosion" Class Action Suit
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:40 am 
President
President

Yours is far worse then mine, but still occurring to mine and I know several people with this same issue. I will vet this a bit further before giving them my personal info, and will let you all know my findings. I think that this is necessary as Ford has turned a blind eye to this issue and should step up and take responsibility for this issue.

I don't want a sand and paint fix as that will only make it worse down the road, I want full replacement hood with guarantee that I will not have this issue again or atleast until my car is old

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:38 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I've spoken with Tiffany Ellis about this class action lawsuit and have submitted photos of the damage to my hood both on the front lip of the hood where the paint has blistered and chipped off and on the inside of my hood where there are several areas prominent of white corrosion.

Right now their efforts to bring a class action law suit against Ford is based on a case developing in New Jersey. The term they are using to describe this condition is called "runaway corrosion". According to Attorney Tiffany Ellis she has been getting a lot of response from Mustang owners in Maryland. Although there is no current class action suit pending for Maryland yet she believes that her firm may expand the class action suit to other states.

She asked me to provide photos of the corrosion on my hood and replied that Maryland will definitely be considered if they decide to expand the class action suit. She pointed out that this type of damage affects the value of our cars and Mustang owners who have these corrosion issues are being penalized for something over which they had no control.

The Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:38 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

Steve,

I also called and talked to Tiffany and she told me the same information. I have several areas on the underside of my hood. She stated that they did not know yet if you had to be the original owner. When i mentioned MCOM she said she had talked to both you and Karla. It will be interesting to see what happens in New Jersey and then Maryland.

Bruce

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:53 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:21 am 

I am having the same problem with my 2011 it is used when I purchased the car it only had 3000. Miles on it. I am not going to pay to have my car fixed I want ford to fix they know about this problem and will do nothing about it. I have also joined the class action law suite and I hope something will be done about this problem I am very upset about the whole issue

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:55 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:54 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

Thank you for contacting us about the problems with your Mustang and for your patience. The number of calls we received has been a bit overwhelming.

Enclosed is the form affidavit we discussed. We did our best to draft a flexible document, but if sections don't apply to you or you need to elaborate more on a certain issues, please modify the document to fit your needs. Submitting a pile of identical affidavits isn't important. We just want to get as many people's experiences down on paper as we can.

Again, thank you for agreeing to help with this very important project. If you have any questions or difficulties at all, please email me or telephone me directly at (248) 415-3176.

Wendy E. Vaughn, Legal Assistant to
Jason J. Thompson, Lance C. Young and
Amy L. Marino
One Towne Square, 17th Floor | Southfield, MI 48076
Direct Dial: (248) 415-3176 | Direct Fax: (248) 936-2126
http://www.sommerspc.com

Project Letter.pdf [68.36 KiB]
Downloaded 325 times

Affidavit Form.pdf [15.84 KiB]
Downloaded 2624 times

Confidential Questionnaire.pdf [14.31 KiB]
Downloaded 312 times

FAQ.pdf [15.7 KiB]
Downloaded 315 times

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:20 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

Thank you for posting this timely info for our members, Bruce!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:58 am 

I called a spoke to Wendy (WVaughn@sommerspc.com) who said it did not matter if you still owned the car or not. She also said you could contact the District Court of New Jersey and read the depositions taken on the matter. Sorry Ford, but you are the bad guys in this and we are coming for you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:04 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

My car has this condition on the hood, mostly on the inside but I do have some blistered paint on the outside tip of the hood.
This was present when I bought the car in October 2013. At the time my 2006 GT had 146,700 miles on it so it would not qualify for their warranty anyway although mileage has nothing to do with this Corrosion Issue.

I will still send in my documentation because this is a national problem and not limited to a few states. Ford knew about this from the beginning as they addressed this issue in dealer service bulletins. They used delaying tactics and misinformation to steer individual customers into believing that this was not a major problem but rather limited to a very few cars.

With the retro S197 being introduced in 2005 Ford should have addressed this problem from the beginning and either fixed or replaced the defected hoods. Now customers had to bear the brunt of diminished trade in value and cosmetic deformities. It wasn't the right thing to do and I hope that Ford does the right thing and extends a solution to everyone who has had this problem with their hoods.

Again, another unacceptable issue is that used car owners are exempt according to Ford. It's a manufacturing defect and it doesn't matter if the owner bought the car new or used, if it has the defect it should be covered.

The Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian