Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mustang Supplier Preferences
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:37 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

hi Guys,
I am a newbie here. Most of my hobby vehicles are antique vehicles but I recently purchased a 2009 45th Anniversary GT to play with and I am looking to purchase some upgrades and accessories for it. I was wondering if the Mustang owners here had any preference in suppliers for late model Mustangs. I know there is American Muscle and Silverhorse Racing as Mustang vendors. Is there any preference in one over the other such as quality, service or price? I have noticed that Silverhorse seemed to be higher priced than American Muscle on most things but quality is also important to me. Or are there any other vendors than these two worth noting? I'm the kind of guy that like to be loyal and purchase from one supplier if possible and I'm just looking for some opinions. Thanks in advance for any thoughts or comments you may have.

Post subject: Re: Mustang Supplier Preferences
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:52 pm 

Hi,
My husband and I own a 2004 Mustang GT and are doing the same thing. Buying upgrades a little at a time til we get the car the way we want it. I love American Muscle. The customer service is top notch and the stuff gets shipped for free in two days (can't beat that!!). We also like www.cjponyparts.com. Hope this helps and welcome to the club!
-Lauren

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:53 pm 
Past President
Past President

American Muscle is the place to go! Our paid members get a discount code to save with them. If you need some help with any install, Im your guy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:58 pm 
President
President

American Muscle has excellent customer service and ship same day, meaning it will arrive tomorrow if ordered today before 4 pm. Always packaged well, I have never had a bad experience. They also price match which is big.

Also Check LateModelRestoration.com and CJPonyParts.com for comparison, I have had good experiences with all three.

hope this helps

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:22 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

If you read any of the Mustang oriented magazines you will see a large variety of companies selling Mustang parts and accessories. As mentioned earlier American Muscle is by far the most popular choice among our members as they ship fast and do not charge for delivery, a huge plus! :btu:

That being said there are some other great companies that may offer more than American Muscle such as Mustangs Unlimited, CJ Pony Parts and Moss Mustang parts. I have made a lot of upgrades to my car, a 2002 Mustang, and American Muscle has been my supplier of choice for over 90% of my purchases.

They also have a great interactive website that describes the installation of these accessories but if you need someone to install anything than you need to talk to Bob Thompson. He has installed a lot of accessories on my car, including white faced gauges, new vinyl striping, stainless steel door sills, hood struts, and fog lights.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:43 am 
Vice President
Vice President

I want to thank everyone for their input. Based on what you said and what I have seen online it appears for service and price (even better with the club discount) that American Muscle is the best choice and that is who I am looking to for my first (and if the quality is there, probably most) purchases. Also based on the feedback here I do look at other select suppliers such as CJ Pony parts and Late Model Restoration for comparison or for items not handled by AM. The replies to my post have been very helpful. Thanks! :btu: