[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CAI AND TUNED
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:53 pm 

I really enjoy my 2012 V6 convertible (manual trans). However, I would like additional low rpm oomf. Via the internet I've learned that perhaps the "best bang for the buck" to achieve improved low end response is to buy a Airraid CAI and Bama tune (American Muscle Car). I have no intention of racing. Unfortunately, it seems that these mods would void my Ford warranty.

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?

Post subject: Re: CAI AND TUNED
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:11 am 

I would read up on the Bama tune. I've read and talk to some people that had the 5.0 and #8 cyl. failures. Not sure about the 6cyl. I'll try to find the links and post them up.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:23 am 

I'd like to know if any tune with a CAI would provide a noticable improvement in the lower rpm range particularly with a manual trans.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:37 pm 

Earlier today I spoke with a Ford service advisor at Bob Davidson Ford whom stated that an "aftermarket" tune would void the manufacturer's warranty on any engine failure including oil leaks etc. Geesh - don't think I want to take the chance.

Anyone have any comments - experience?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:00 pm 

You can check this site and maybe give them a call. I wouldn't tune my car until after the warranty runs out. An intake and a cat back exhaust will bring you bit more low end tq. and your warranty stays in tact. HP is expensive.

http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/index ... 7aokdiroe7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:36 pm 

With the exception of racered - not much help from the forum on this topic. Today I spoke with the folks at American Muscle Cars. I've ordered a K and N drop in filter, a Bama tuner, and a Barton short shifter kit. I realize that it is the job of the sales folks at AMC to sell products, however, I'm hopeful they provided me with accurate information and good advice. I was advised against a CAI becuase (according to the AMC rep) that the 2011-2012 air intake is designed well enough that a K and N filter would provide the best bang for the buck.

Racered - I recall that you had a short shifter in you Boss. What make is is? A guy at work has a 2008 Boss with a Hurst short shifter and he swears by it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:50 pm 

I have the MGW. The boss was only built in 69 -70 and 2012 - 13.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:29 pm 

Hmmm. There are Boss badges on his Mustang. I wonder if the only Boss is on the badges!! Or, maybe I quoted the wrong year. The co-worker left for the day.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:32 pm 

have you looked through this site? http://forums.themustangsource.com/f801/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:01 pm 

Yes, thanks. I searched and reviewed various Mustang websites for a couple or so hours over the last few evenings. Found a bunch of info on "Modded Mustangs". I forgot to order the hood struts. I really can't stand the hood opening prop thing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:10 pm 

Get the redline hood struts, they are alot cleaner. I have the MRT and they use a big bracket on the hood the redline's don't.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:14 pm 

These guys?

http://www.cjponyparts.com/product.aspx ... 4AodF1IA2g

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:43 pm 

They are the one's. Their in Harrisburg to, so only takes a day or two.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:53 pm 

Just read the reviews. Excellent !!

Thanks for the heads up. I will order them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:37 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:59 pm 

Thanks DRRummel,

I looked at revautoracing web site. It appears that the company does work for serious race type driving. My car (at least as long I as own it) will never see the track. I'm not interested in a high horsepower engine. Geez - I owned MGB, Porche 914, Miatas. Not a lot of power there!! At my age, when I'm at a traffic light next to a young guy in a ricer who is egging me on to race I simply smile. I don't care to engage in a "who has the bigger pecker" contest. I merely want to enjoy a top down, moderate moderately powered, good handling ride. Hence I didn't get the GT because I didn't feel the need for 400 plus horsepower. In any event, at this time I am looking for addition low end power (below 3,000 rpms) and perhaps in the near future a little tightning of the suspension.

BTW - got my thrills when I owned motorcycles !!!

Thanks again for the post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:43 am 
President
President

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:19 pm 

Lonestar,

Last week I called Ford Racing. They stopped making the "performance kits" for the V6s after the model year 2010. They stated that becuase of poor sales of the 2010 kit they would not be producing anything for the 2011 and later V6s. From what I've read it appears that the tunes do not hurt the engine. I sure hope that is correct!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:25 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:47 pm