Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CB's in Mustangs.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:20 pm 

I have an 08 GT and I recently installed a cobra cb radio. I tried to mount it a few places but nothing really worked out till I mounted it on the dash. All the wires are hidden in the trim except right in front of the windshield. I don't want people to be able to see the radio. I came up with the idea to cover it all with a matching peice of plastic that I could mold and cut to shape but I can't find anything. Does anyone have any ideas that could help? :headscratch:

Attachments:
IMAG0094.jpg
IMAG0094.jpg [ 705.62 KiB | Viewed 3214 times ]
IMAG0096.jpg
IMAG0096.jpg [ 624.54 KiB | Viewed 3214 times ]

Post subject: Re: CB's in Mustangs.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:03 am 

I had mine on the ceiling of my old 98 Cobra and used a through the glass antenna. Worked well enough to get the job done. I mainly used it for car to car chat and monitor the...... truckers. :blahblah:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:00 pm 

Hello i have a Cobra CB radio that is under my passenger seat fits nice and also have a windshield mount Ant. i bought it for our trip to the 45th anny. i bought my ant. at Radio Shack. i tried a couple of truck stops but no one had any.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:23 pm 

I am a new member and am not exactly sure when this was posted, but anyhow I think its cobra that makes cb that has everything in the handheld head of the cb. You mount a box somewhere under the dash and hook the cable from the head to it. There is no visible sighn of a cb in the car other than the external antenna. If this is a little late I apologize. You can unhook the head from the underdash box and stow it in your glovebox,trunk,or console so it is out of sight, Nickhlm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:28 pm 

I have several CB's and I have a Midland 75-822 that will connect to an external antenna and thus no noise and mine sends about two miles and can receive about 3 miles. I guess you could have one under the seat but you'd need an external speaker. I have my classic 29 slightly built up with a RFX-75 and depending on the antenna I can transmit 5 plus miles and receive about 7-10 miles. Sadly due to the cell phone a lot of cb traffic is just traffic info and directions and some conversation. Overall while on the road it is a good piece of equipment.