Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 6:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Test Drive my tires…
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:18 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:15 pm
Posts: 967
Location: Perry Hall, Md
6-71 wrote:
how long you had this car? bounce off any curbs, hit pot holes too fast? maybe not you but something just doesn't make sense here and I bet it is something simple and right in your face too.

Any of these are possible. I bought the car and most parts used.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Test Drive my tires…
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:12 am 
Past President
Past President
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:38 pm
Posts: 1944
Location: Westminster
Bring it up and we can sping the tires on the balancer, run it on the lift to check driveline and axles yadda yadda yadda..... Remember this, It`s only a problem if there is no solution and since there is always a solution then theres never a problem. :thumbsup2:

Im going to have to remember that one. lol

_________________
Image
1990 Mustang GT
http://www.ocstangs.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Test Drive my tires…
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:05 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 7:25 am
Posts: 743
Location: Cove Point
Keep us in the loop once you've mitigated out all these distractions and the root cause has been found. BTW bob that balance job has made a big difference as I ran my car up over 3 digits recently and it was relatively smooth.
:btu:

_________________
“Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines”
- Enzo Ferrari


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Test Drive my tires…
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:39 am 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:15 pm
Posts: 967
Location: Perry Hall, Md
BobT wrote:
Bring it up and we can sping the tires on the balancer, run it on the lift to check driveline and axles yadda yadda yadda..... Remember this, It`s only a problem if there is no solution and since there is always a solution then theres never a problem. :thumbsup2:

Im going to have to remember that one. lol

These are the same wheels you balanced before. I think they are good. I'd be more interested in swapping wheels with another 5lug Mustang and swapping driveshafts with another 5.0 to see if the problem moves. Let me know when your schedule opens up.
Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Test Drive my tires…
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:50 pm 
Past President
Past President
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:38 pm
Posts: 1944
Location: Westminster
DRRummel wrote:
BobT wrote:
Bring it up and we can sping the tires on the balancer, run it on the lift to check driveline and axles yadda yadda yadda..... Remember this, It`s only a problem if there is no solution and since there is always a solution then theres never a problem. :thumbsup2:

Im going to have to remember that one. lol

These are the same wheels you balanced before. I think they are good. I'd be more interested in swapping wheels with another 5lug Mustang and swapping driveshafts with another 5.0 to see if the problem moves. Let me know when your schedule opens up.
Thanks.

Come up Sunday evening

_________________
Image
1990 Mustang GT
http://www.ocstangs.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Test Drive my tires…
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:28 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:15 pm
Posts: 967
Location: Perry Hall, Md
BobT wrote:
DRRummel wrote:
BobT wrote:
Bring it up and we can sping the tires on the balancer, run it on the lift to check driveline and axles yadda yadda yadda..... Remember this, It`s only a problem if there is no solution and since there is always a solution then theres never a problem. :thumbsup2:

Im going to have to remember that one. lol

These are the same wheels you balanced before. I think they are good. I'd be more interested in swapping wheels with another 5lug Mustang and swapping driveshafts with another 5.0 to see if the problem moves. Let me know when your schedule opens up.
Thanks.

Come up Sunday evening

Will do.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Test Drive my tires…
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:53 am 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:15 pm
Posts: 967
Location: Perry Hall, Md
Bob found that the transmission tailshaft bushing was worn. I had replaced that a year ago, but there is no doubt that it is bad again. I replaced the bushing and seal and will see if it any better the next time I am at the track. If it wears out quickly again I will look into why it is failing so quickly.

Thank Bob!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Test Drive my tires…
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:58 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 7:25 am
Posts: 743
Location: Cove Point
amazing how you found that once you gave it a looking over.

_________________
“Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines”
- Enzo Ferrari


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Test Drive my tires…
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:47 pm 
Past President
Past President
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:38 pm
Posts: 1944
Location: Westminster
I think.....I know the drive shaft is out of balance since the weight has been ripped in half on the front of the shaft. That will cause the bushing to wear out. There.....I fixed it. :thumbsup2:

_________________
Image
1990 Mustang GT
http://www.ocstangs.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group