[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Post a photo of your Mustang at a road course or autocross!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:38 pm 

Last edited by Gray Ghost GT on Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Post a photo of your Mustang at a road course or autocro
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:49 pm 

Here I am at Summit Pt during the NE Div Team Shelby 50th Celebration May 2012

Attachments:
IMG_7294.JPG
IMG_7294.JPG [ 2.46 MiB | Viewed 8049 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:28 am 

Very nice! Hope to see you at future HPDE events with NASA, TrackDaze, SCMC and other clubs later this year and in 2013. Mike

Last edited by Gray Ghost GT on Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:54 pm 

Here I am at Summitt point!

Attachments:
Summit Point 06 041.jpg
Summit Point 06 041.jpg [ 2.25 MiB | Viewed 8040 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:56 pm 

Sorry the picture is so large I still have to learn to downsize them. I will do that before I post any more.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:50 am 

Ok lets try this again. Here I am at Summitt Point.

Attachments:
Summit Point 06 041.jpg
Summit Point 06 041.jpg [ 55.84 KiB | Viewed 8033 times ]
Summit Point 06 037.jpg
Summit Point 06 037.jpg [ 48.36 KiB | Viewed 8033 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:52 am 

Now at Roebling Roads.

Attachments:
IMG_1252.JPG
IMG_1252.JPG [ 80.06 KiB | Viewed 8033 times ]
IMG_1251.JPG
IMG_1251.JPG [ 79.88 KiB | Viewed 8033 times ]
IMG_1242.JPG
IMG_1242.JPG [ 73.52 KiB | Viewed 8033 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:46 am 

This was at a new track in Seattle Area; The Ridge Motorsport complex, just opening and our club had the opportunity to do a few hot laps around the track.

Attachments:
Ridge track day 7 April 2012 108.JPG
Ridge track day 7 April 2012 108.JPG [ 1.3 MiB | Viewed 7986 times ]
Ridge track day 7 April 2012 105.JPG
Ridge track day 7 April 2012 105.JPG [ 946.31 KiB | Viewed 7986 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:55 am 

So where is this? VIR? How much do you hang it out? I mean road course track normally me push it to thee point of running off the track, nose plowing the turns or loosing the rearend.....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:09 pm 

Last edited by Gray Ghost GT on Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:27 pm 

I was just asking in general. I would really like to do some road racing but I really can't afford the upgrades and the additional risk of denting my fenders if something happens. But I sure love to watch and it is an art too finesse the car around the track even when the tires are falling off and the brakes are getting hot.

Have fun :drinkingbuddies:
:btu:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:33 pm 

Think about coming out to a 2 day HPDE Level 1 event in 2013 with NASA, TrackDaze or SVT Cobra Mustang Club.

The focus is on building driver skill in the classroom and with an instructor in your car at your speed.

There is little to no chance of you making contact with another car or object around the road course.

You'll just need fresh brake pads, DOT 4 fluid and a SA 2005 or 2010 helmet. Lots to learn and FUN!
:3gears:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:12 pm 

Sound really cool and not overly heavy with requirements.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:18 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:07 pm 

I've love to be part of that kind of event but I don't have a car that I feel worthy of the time. My car is totally stock. I'd do better sitting on the bench watch you guys mixing it up or being a pit guy. Seriouslly it looks too cool. I used to go out to Sear point back in the late 80's with a friend who raced SCCA in a Datsun 510. They were normally under powered and had crappy brakes. But add a 2.0 and some brakes and it was a quick little car if you could keep the brake fluid from boiling. Anyways memories :drinkingbuddies:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:30 pm 

Don't have a photo but thought that short video of a few laps at Summit Point during a Friday at the Track, might be a good posting.

To those worried about not having a 'race' car to go to a track day, do not worry about it, almost all of the cars you will be on track with will probably be straight street cars. I had a lot of Mini's, BMW's, VW's and Mustangs when I went. At least half the drivers had never been on a track before.

The FATT days are composed of two classroom sessions and 4 20 min. driving sessions. There are basically 3 groups which each having their own track time, Group 1a - with instructors, 1b solos, and Group 2 which is advanced and much faster cars (think Mustang FR500s). They also provide access to the skid pad in their crown vic's which were a lot more fun and informative than I would have thought.

Everybody drives to their comfort level, which can lead to some slow trains, but the instructors are pretty good at getting faster cars around in the designated passing zones or you can pull into the pits and they will cycle you back out.

The instructors in the cars and classrooms were great. And it was a great experience that I will be doing again as soon as I get a chance.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:41 am 

This was at the 45th Anniversary at Barber Motorsport Track in Alabama. it was so much fun and a hard track to drive but well worth it. Thats where i met Vaughn Gittin driving his Mustang. Leading the Herd.

Attachments:
3467444876_6ced97edc0.jpg
3467444876_6ced97edc0.jpg [ 31.31 KiB | Viewed 7841 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:49 pm 

I plan on going to Summit point for my 1st track experience in spring. Friday at the track I think it's called. A little nervous about it but I think it will be fun. I need to see if they have the schedule up yet.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:29 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:23 pm 

I have been to Summit Point for FATT 5 times and loved it everytime. i recommend it to anyone who really wants to drive their Mustang and learn how it handles and learn about it. well worth the money. a little pricy. but worth it.