Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Member
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:53 pm 

Greetings - my name is Marco Greenberg, and I just joined this week. I was a member of the MCA back in the late 70's, but I don't think I ever joined MCOM. I have a 1967 Coupe, 289 Sprint package, C4 auto, Wimbledon White w/red interior. My father purchased this car new in July of 1967, and I drove it in high school and college, but it went back into the garage in 1984. We drove it occasionally thereafter, but it has not been driven since the early 2000's, and I am looking to get it back on the road. It had extensive body work in 1978, and was painted again in the late 80's. Engine was rebuilt by Coleman Bros in Jessup in 1981, but has been driven less than 30K mi since then. I am looking forward to engaging with other Mustang enthusiasts, and especially classic Mustang owners. All advice welcome!

Post subject: Re: New Member
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:07 am 
President
President

Welcome Marco! As with a lot of car websites, traffic here is down and not many people visit our site other than to become a member, or to use for archived posts. We are working currently on revamping our website, but in the meanwhile mostly we use Facebook.

Please ask to join our Facebook Group page https://www.facebook.com/groups/Mustang ... =bookmarks

And share pictures of your car and ask any questions there. We have several members in the club with classics and plenty of knowledgeable people in the club.

James

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies

Post subject: Re: New Member
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:07 pm 

Thanks for the response - believe it or not, I've made it to the age of 60 without ever joining Facebook. Resistance is futile, and I will be assimilated, so I guess it is time to sign up. (Star Trek reference, for the non-trekkies)

If anyone has suggestions as to a shop who can handle the basics for getting the old beast back on the road - belts, hoses, fluids, seals, carb rebuild, etc. - I'd love to hear them. Will be pulling it out of storage next week and need a place to send it. Greater Baltimore area is my preference, but will go farther for quality.