Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi All
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:34 pm 

Alright so I am not a member yet but I am currently looking at getting a mustang (hopefully a 1965 fastback would be my top choice). I figured this would be the best place to get some advice. Here some backstory

I recently just lost both of my parents. I am planning on using some of the money they left me to get something I have wanted for a while, a classic muscle car. The fastbacks have been something that have always caught my eye. I never thought that I would actually be able to get a classic car (especially at this point in my life, I am 29). In saying that my budget is around $20,000. Is $20,000 enough to be able to get a decent fastback that does not need any mechanical or body work? I have pretty much no experience working on cars but I am definitely yup for learning as much as I can. The most important thing for me would be that is runs well, and does not need really any body work. I am pretty confident that I can learn to do the interior work without much of a problem. If a fastback is not an option the Mach 1's and convertible would be my 2nd and 3rd choice.

Thanks for any help,

Dave Chambers