[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: the n00b
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:47 pm 

First of thanks for the opportunity.

Second I should have posted a month ago....

Now... I've been a mustang enthusiast since I was 12 or so. 12 means 1986. My neighbor which I was scared of just because of the car, a white coupe with black tinted windows and loud as hell. At that age, only a few kids are interested about cars and most are because of mother/father car background, in my case it was a fluke, I have 2 bros and 3 sis, so cars in my family always promoted seating capacity, not muscle. I loved to listen to that car rumbling but was scared every time he pulled away in my direction because my buddy's brother was a bit of a bully.... 6 years later my very friend that I hadn't seen in so long because of moving to different part of the province ( yes I'm from Quebec, Canada) is now the owner of an 86 cobra, headers, intake, cam, 19x10 back wheel, exhaust to die for singing a melody that would put, to my taste, many cars to shame. At the time I had just gotten my license to drive and just like that he tells me; "Larry, go get some beer..." hands over the keys and says "take her easy." (sigh) I never shifted pass second... for two reasons, 1 the corner store was around the corner, 2 the 2nd gear sound at 2000rpm was mind blowing, for me that was it, right there , that very moment, love at first ear, had to have one no matter what.....

Sadly, as the years went by, money was not what I had the most and opportunities grew rarer and rarer. Then the 5.0 disappeared... ouch, no pony for me unless is a 5.0, that's what I drove that's what I want. Eventually moved to the US of A in 2008 with my wife, settle in MD and kept watching them from the corner of my eyes. Until one day, watching TV I see that the 5.0 is Back BABY!!! this is my chance, money is good, timing is awful, but money is good. head out to NORRIS Ford where my buddy offers me dealer price -$400 plus $3750 of Ford incentives, so I landed this...

2012 GT Premium
Lava Red Metallic (awesome color day or night, if you never seen one you will like)
3.73 rear gears
HID

its my daily driver, baby seat in the back and is pushing 29000 miles.

I honestly can't wait to see many of you and your cars, your stories and much more. I wave before I get waved at, because I think the pony ownership is awesome. I have yet to get to an event, but I will because I'm dying to get those MCOM tags!!! its a must.

I"ll stop here and will hope to see you all soon.

Post subject: Re: the n00b
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:52 pm 

Welcome aboard.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:45 am 
Past President
Past President

Great story and welcome! :btu:

I have the tag applications when your ready. FYI, They have to be picked up in person. :peace:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:47 am 

Welcome! :btu:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:53 pm 
President
President

Welcome to the club!

Congrats on the 2012, and Love the color! I almost bought that color

BTW if you haven't already swapped out the exhaust for something better, I have a lightly used set of Flowmaster Hushpower Axleback mufflers for sale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxPNtxKS ... e=youtu.be

James

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:31 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

Welcome.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:31 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

Welcome.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:41 am 

Welcome!

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:13 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:16 am 

Welcome, glad to have ya! Yes, the infamous Ford 5.0 V8 has drawn many of us kids into Mustang Mania, congrats
on the new Stang, if I was you get MCOM tags on every vehicle you have!