[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Welcome new members / sadden to losing old members
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:08 pm 

I'm the past VP of the MCOM and just wanted to welcome the new members of the MCOM and we all hope you get everything out of the MCOM. we have alot of fun on cruises, picinics, car shows. we are a family club and look forward for everyone to attend to our events. We have a very buzy year coming up and we hope that we get a good turn out at our events and hope everyone has fun at them. My wife and i have been members since 1999 and have met alot of really great people over the years. over the years we have lost some wonderful people and i'm sadden over them leaving the MCOM for whatever reason. we all know they will always not forgotten and will always be our friends and always welcome to the MCOM. hopefully they will attend our events and we see them in the near future. from all the members of the MCOM we want to thank Father Lou and Alice for everything they did for the MCOM from hosting Christmas and July 4th partys to being past officers. They are both wonderful people and always will be. Thanks again both of you. And again welcome all the new members of the MOCM. :bows: :banana: :banana2: :btu: :usaflag: Remember to drive safe and enjoy your Mustang to the fullest.

Post subject: Re: Welcome new members / sadden to losing old members
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:12 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Thanks for your comments Dan. I too was saddened to hear that Father Lou and Alice were leaving the club. Their contributions to the club will never be forgotten.

Father Lou and I talked a bit before the last Christmas Party and he told me at that time that he was leaving the club. I thanked him again for all of his efforts in locating the Past Presidents of the club and establishing our early history. Both he and I have a keen interest in the history of the club.

The club is made up to welcome everyone who owns a Mustang from the very first models to the latest and greatest being sold today. Father Lou is looking for a club that specializes in the early Mustangs. He was also active in other car clubs like the Street cars of Desire car club.

He felt that the club, while welcoming every Mustang owner, was becoming a club of mostly newer, more modern Mustangs. Part of that is the success we are having reaching out to new Mustang owners who have become enthralled with the newer 2005-2012 Mustangs.

This is reality for any car club. People's interests change, their family and personal responsibilities change, and their commitment to belonging to and participating in a club changes.

We will miss Father Lou and Alice and thank them for their generous support for hosting our 4th of July and Christmas Party's.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:21 am 

I hope this isn't starting a trend. It's funny, when I joined, being a Fox owner, I was afraid I'd find a bunch of Classic Mustang owners who considered my car too new. When I saw how many S-197 owners were at the meetings, I was impressed and encouraged (though the Fox isn't all that popular with newer owners, either :rolleyes: ).

The truth is, though, I like all Mustangs, and hope to own some classics one day myself (and probably a newer one too). I really hope the 1st Generation owners stay around. Without those Mustangs, no Fox, no SN95, no S-197. I loved the older cars that showed up at CCC, like the '70 302, the green '72 and that awesome '67 GT!

I wouldn't mind a few Mustang IIs while we're at it.... :smile:

1988 LX 5.0/T-5 sedan Ext: 2H Int: G

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:20 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

The Mustang Club of Maryland has always welcomed everyone who owns a Mustang or just loves Mustangs, no matter which year car it is, under our wide umbrella.

Today there are many other "Mustang Clubs" that honor specific cars such as the Yellow Mustang Club and the Black Mustang Club and many other variations. It's difficult to be everything to everyone and we lose a bit of specificity when we try to include every Mustang in it's 48 year history.

As the owner of a 2002 Mustang, the popularity of our 1999-2004 cars has diminished due to the success of the newer 2005-present retro Mustangs. There is nothing inherently wrong with that because that is the market speaking.

If someone has a classic early Mustang there is no reason why our club couldn't satisfy their needs but sometimes the exclusivity of joining a smaller, more specific car club appeals to these owners.

We are still basically a social club for people who love Mustangs and want to share their love of this marque with other like minded people.

We do our best to offer our members the best value and opportunity to enjoy their Mustangs. It's up to the member to decide how much or how little he is willing to invest in his membership with the club.

Those who choose to get involved usually have more fun than those who don't.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian