[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Thu May 30, 2024 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: TO THE YOUNGER GENERATION!!!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:47 am 

This thread wasn't meant to be a younger versus older members debate. I was just asking where all the younger members were because I haven't seen any at the meetings I've been at and thought it would be good if more participated and helped out.

-Ford Racing Cold Air Intake, SCT tuned to 93 Octane
-Bassani X-Pipe & Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
-Falken ZIEX ZE912 18" Tires

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:58 am 
Site admin
Site admin

I remember back in the day ... *in my story telling voice* I didn't enjoy the meetings so much as I did the events. While I would skip out early from work to get to a show in time... if a meeting was too far out of the way or something I would just skip it and not feel all that bad about it.

After a few years and getting involved with the club I have come to realize that while the meetings may not be all that exciting, it is necessary for the functions of the club to be taken care of. Maybe we can have a little more of a social aspect to it in the parking lot before/after the meeting or something? Typically the meetings I've gone to (its been a year or so since I've attended one because of personal reasons) it goes like this: arrive, sit down, chat a bit, hold the meeting, get in the car and drive home. Meh.

I don't have a solution, nor really any ideas... so I'm sorry about that part. Guess this is just really an observation on my part. And could possibly be outdated due to my absence lately.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:13 pm 

This past meeting I met up with Joe and his son Matt...gee hope I got the names correct. They had a dark green '66 coupe that they are fixing up. So we chatted a bit in the parking lot comparing notes between my '68 and their '66. It is a nice car and they'll have a blast working on it. Great father and son bonding over a classic car...doesn't get better than that. :btu:

Yeah to me that's the fun part of the meeting. I remember having them at Dad's Mustang Supply. Len would have to grab everyone and tell them that the meeting was starting. We were having too much fun just talking out by the cars...especially in the summer.

by , on Flickr
Some people are like Slinkys. They have no purpose, but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:44 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:54 pm 
Past President
Past President

I like the idea of a park. Maybe when the weathers warm we can do a meeting/cookout on a Saturday. Any thoughts on that?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:48 am 

Yeah a park would be cool! I'm for that! We can even make it that everyone bring a picnic lunch such that we don't have a couple people fixing food for everyone.

I do have that picture too! I put it in the newsletter. Looking through my old CDs to see if I can find it. Finding some cool pics of days gone by. I throw some of them up in the lounge...get us ready for spring.

by , on Flickr
Some people are like Slinkys. They have no purpose, but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:11 am 

Found it!!

by , on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:46 am 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:01 am 
Past President
Past President

Okay let's make a plan for a may meeting/Saturday cookout! There was a state park that Corey ended a cruise at that would be perfect. I'm not sure what it was called but I do know it was near the carney area.

Any suggestions? Ill post a new thread since this is getting off topic.