[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TO THE YOUNGER GENERATION!!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:19 am 

I'd really really REALLY love to get the younger generation to be more proactive with meetings and events as much as posssible. I know I have an erratic work schedule as many of you probably do but the meetings I have been to I feel like I'm the baby hehe! There's gotta be a good amount of 16-30ish stangers who can come ouf of hiding and show their pride and enthusiasm for the beloved Ford Mustang!

Come out come out wherever you are!!!! Please!

Thank youuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!

-Ford Racing Cold Air Intake, SCT tuned to 93 Octane
-Bassani X-Pipe & Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
-Falken ZIEX ZE912 18" Tires

Last edited by gtcsjess on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: TO THE YOUNGER GENERATION!!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:58 am 
Past President
Past President

Jess, Im only 32 does that count or am I not considered to be in the younger generation anymore? :3gears:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:02 am 

Ha Bob! Bob is old... :thumbsup2: Welcome to the club. Do kids call you sir now? That's when you know you are old!

Yeah man the young Stangers are the future of the club...would love to see more of everyone at meetings...young, old, new to club or long time members. As of January I've been in the club for 10 years now! :drugs:

by , on Flickr
Some people are like Slinkys. They have no purpose, but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:24 pm 

lol bob i didn't know you were so young! :clinkmugs:

of course that makes you part of the younger generation!

i've been trying to get some early 20's kiddos to join the club, they're enthusiastic about their cars but i guess they don't have their partying out of them yet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:13 pm 
Past President
Past President

I guess we are the older slower crowd. We cruise not race. Most of us avoid trouble. But no matter what we are the coolest group around!!!!!!! :drinkingbuddies:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:24 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:02 am 

Love the Marauder! I think I was sitting next to you at the January meeting...

Bob I wasn't trying to offend ya bud, but at 24 I do feel like someone's kid just sitting there at the meetings.

I've been trying to recruit those in my age group and even those who get stangs for their 16th birthday! We have a lot of members but it would be awesome to have huge turnouts at meetings.

I did have have a discussion with Dan a while back regarding getting the MCOM name, benefits, etc out there. If at the meeting you could add a little note for group promoting and recruitment for discussion that would be great :) Everytime I see a Maryland stang without a window sticker or license plate I'm like "they must not know about MCOM!!!!!" If there were ways we could put our brochures at Ford dealerships in those cardboard displays so that when new buyers or people servicing their cars come in it strikes their fancy. It may be far-fetched but to get donations from Ford dealerships to get posters/poster flags made that say for example "Koons Ford is an official sponsor of the Mustang Club of Maryland" that would be beyond awesome.

I'd also like to offer my help to whoever does the new member packets and merchandise (since I have a huge new apartment!). At November's meeting when we decided to have two of each officer (besides you Bob you're way too awesome and you have all of us :thumbsup2: ). Since there are members all over the state and Maryland is extremely diverse from the Eastern Shore to Southern Maryland (I just got an invite from their club?) to the Baltimore area and Western MD, having two people per position that can reach out and be a resource to the whole state is and will/would be beneficial.

Just throwing some stuff out there right now! :wave1:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:34 am 

Well since I still consider myself to be on the younger side (27) haha, like mentioned above, I think what most youngin's are most concerned with when they have a pony is racing and not crusin' which is completely fine but since we do mostly cruises and shows they find the club to be more "family oriented" which is what I think we strive for. At our last Officers meeting, we did discuss ways to promote the younger generation and that in a way will help to bring in the teens and younger peeps when they get their car at an early age. So rest assure, we are working on this and we know what your feeling :btu:

As far as the new memberships, from a Treasurer's perspective I think it's easier for me to send the info out to one person and have Mark handle the new packets as oppose to getting the supplies and member info to two different places (only because then I worry about the break down in communication) but I thank you for your enthusiasm!

See you at the meeting tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:44 pm 

The only reason I bring up the new member packets because I had my father join back in October/November and he still hasn't received his yet, not even the sticker for his car. That to me is very disappointing. If this has happened to other members too then there's an efficiency (or lack of communication) issue. I wouldn't want this to happen to new members and they become upset or discouraged with the club. I joined in June and still can't even get onto the members only section on here even though I've contacted the necessary people. It's just become frustrating :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:14 pm 

Well, I just turned 40, so i guess I'm not the "younger" crowd anymore! :burnout: I do have plans to actually get my membership here eventually. Being on workers comp still does limit my funds and fun right now. I've been doing stuff to the SVO as money, time and my body allow (2 back surgeries). And keeping my old 93 2.3 DD humming along til I can get a truck for a DD... Now I'm facing schooling of some sort as I can't go back to my old job now... Feel free to add me on FB (Eric Crouse) from Baltimore MD. I currently have a profile pic of me in front of a Hurst Edition GT from the Bob Bell Show last summer.

95 Ranger Splash

Last edited by etc1006 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:48 am 

This post wasn't meant to offend anyone but now I feel it's done a 180. At the meetings I feel there is a clique and that it's the "good ol guys and gals club." There's only a few "long-timers" that I felt truly welcomed me when I was able to attend my first meeting at the CCC in November although I joined in June. I feel I can't relate to alot of you because of the age difference. I'm 24 but I've been in love with Mustangs since I got my '94 Barbie Convertible and my Matchbox and Hot Wheels Cars as a kid. I'm just trying to find those new stangers so that we can learn all that we can for when the time comes to pass the torches on. We are the next generation of this club and I'd like to have more connections and support from the "kids." Us youngins need to be more involved (i.e. - SPAMMING WEBSITES TO GET THE MCOM NAME OUT!!!!!!) and I'm just wanting them to not be shy and come out of hiding.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:50 am 

Eric and Charlie...at least we can afford the insurance on our cars since we are geezers! LOL!! :pepper:

by , on Flickr
Some people are like Slinkys. They have no purpose, but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:05 am 

Last edited by gtcsjess on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:44 am 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:01 pm 

by , on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:08 pm 

just because your older doesn't necessarily mean your insurance is cheaper. don't forget about the idiots that have the max amount of points on their licenses and don't drive responsibly. their insurance probably costs more than mine

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:29 pm 

Trust me I wasn't offended. Regardless of age/body/etc, you're only as young/old as you want to be! I got my first Fox Body in High School (84 Capri), then Got my 92 LX 5.0 new. Broke my heart to sell it, but at the time I couldn't keep it. I'll get another one day. Along with a 85 GT like the one I learned to drive stick on. The SVO was always one of the ones "I'd like to have" and when I found this one in AZ for dirt cheap I jumped on it.

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:49 pm 

Jess, I understand what you're saying though. I bought my 92 when I was 22. Joined a club that was "older" members. They were primarily first and second generation people. I did have a 66 for a couple of years, I love all the Mustangs. I also joined the local SAAC group, but that was too rich for my blood for most things. I did eventually leave the first club as all they did was shows. I enjoyed my time with the SAAC group as they did cruises, picnics, dinners, etc...

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:31 am 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:52 am