[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Newbie!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:35 pm 

Hello everyone!

My name is Jessica and I just recently became a member of MCOM!

A little about me before I tell ya about my 'stang: I'm 24, born and raised on Maryland's Eastern Shore in a little town in Kent County on the Chesapeake called Betterton. I've been living in Harford County for the past three years and I work nights at APG's Test Center. I grew up playing with Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars although I still have my '94 red Barbie Mustang Convertible!!! I come from a devout Ford family (bleeding blue as I call us). My father has a '94 V6 manual stang with 180,000 miles that is his toy and at 61 years young will race any teenager that pulls up to a light with him haha! I've always always always loved Mustangs since I was a tot. Everytime I'd see one I would tell myself I would have one someday.

After 5 years of having a '96 Sable, then 2 and a half years of having an '08 Toyota 4Runner (impulse buy but I got my 4 wheeling fun out of it!) I kept looking for months on end for the '07 to '09 California Special in the white/black combo. So on the 4th of this month I went and looked at an '07 and an '08 up in PA and ended up coming home with the '07 (someone definitely left the top down in the rain in the '08, rust inside, what a shame). But love at first sight does exist! The chrome wheels, black stripes, that perfect GT neighhhhhh when you start him up and the giddy up and go when you put the pedal to the metal!!! The awesome deal I got thanks to the wonderful folks at Pacifico Marple Ford in Broomall PA was the icing on the cake. I said bye bye to the rice burner and hellllooooo to pure American muscle. The car had one prior owner that custom ordered it, kept it in the garage and only put 17,500 miles on it. Buttttttt, he was a curb scraper :( - my poor front lower white valances need about $750 in body work.

Since I've got the car, I've changed out the 29" antenna for a 14" shorty, replaced the power outlet cap with a chrome GT one, had the faux hood scoop put on (thanks Plaza Ford!), bought nice WeatherTech mats to keep the black interior looking good, got him a perfect fitting blanket (car cover), and have plenty of microfiber towels on hand to keep that white gleaming. I change the MyColor back and forth between purple and blue. It has heated seats which I love for those cool mornings when I still want to put the top down. The Shaker 500 is getting used immensely. I'm getting 35% tint on tomorrow. There are some additional chrome interior accents that I want to add but I'm trying not to go overboard so soon!

I see there is an Eastern Shore cruise on August 7th. Thankfully I already have off from work! Being from the Eastern Shore I look forward to participating in the cruise and meeting you all and getting to see those beautiful ponies you own! Feel free to add me as a friend on FaceBook: Jessica Luike

I hope I inserted these images correctly!

[img]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=32551581&l=239fb426f4&id=52201361

[img]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=32586641&l=7239b2fada&id=52201361

[img]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=32586643&l=3050c9205b&id=52201361

[img]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=32614324&l=bb2bb3c723&id=52201361

[img]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=32549893&l=1e450116a6&id=52201361

-Ford Racing Cold Air Intake, SCT tuned to 93 Octane
-Bassani X-Pipe & Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
-Falken ZIEX ZE912 18" Tires

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:30 pm 
Past President
Past President

Welcome Jessica! Cant wait to see your Stang in person! :banana2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:52 pm 

Welcome Jess, glad to have ya!

Post subject: Welcome
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:50 pm 

A Girl and a S197 Stang - good combo. for the club; find some more for us. Welcome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:36 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

Very clean looking Stang. Nice. Welcome to the club.
We meet the first Wednesday of the month to discuss the the operation of the club. Kind of boring. But the events are a BLAST. We have a busy month. Check out the events page. We have a car show on the 10th and a Dam Cruise on the 17th. Are you looking to hang out with other Stang People, cruise, hit the track or ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:41 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

HEY! You have a clean Conv. I bet you could get into at least one of the three parades we have this weekend. PM Jamison508 if you are interested. The next club meeting is a cookout at Father Lou's. Father Lou is a great host, you should try to make if you can. It is one of the better meetings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:32 am 

Jessica,

Welcome to the club from a fellow '07 convertible owner. Hope to meet you at one of our upcoming events or meetings.

When you get your tint done be on the look out for any scratching. Starting in '05, Ford stopped putting felt on the inner window rubber. This has caused scratches on some tinted windows. In 2008, Ford apparently responded to complaints and resumed with the window felt. You can get the better '08-'09 weatherstrip at Late Model Restoration for $55.

Mark

Post subject: thanks everyone!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:39 pm 

what time do the meetings usually start? i'll be able to make the one in bel air since it's 20 minutes up the road from me.

also, has anyone had their exhaust modified? i was thinking about the muffler delete option. i want it to roar!

thanks!

jess

Post subject: also
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:42 pm 

for the life of me i've been trying to get a pic to show up in my signature box but this must be where my computer illiteracy comes in!

help!

thanks all!

Post subject: Re: also
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:40 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:48 pm 

Welcome!!!