Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New from Eldersburg
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:37 pm 

Hey guys, thanks for letting me in :btu:

I have a 1969 Coupe, 302, 2 barrel, C4, single exhaust, nothing special to the rest of the world but it means a lot to me.

Mom bought the car new in 69 and literally drove it off the showroom floor (they opened the doors and she drove away)! The car was driven every day with my brother and I fighting in the back seat .. :stickpoke:

In 78 the transmission went our in it and Mom and Dad decided to park it and buy a bigger car (LTD) because there just was not enough room in the Mustang.

In 85 when I graduated and I was headed to join the Army, my Mom said that I could have it!!! I went to Germany for 4 years and when I came back the first thing that I did when I got home was get the car started and pull the transmission to get it rebuilt.

I then drove it back and forth to base for two year until I was deployed and the car went back into Mom's Barn.

Fast forward 27 years, after retiring from the Army and having 7 kids, I finally brought the old girl home to get started on reviving her. Needless to say she is rusty from every day driving on Illinois winters and sitting in the Barn for nearly 30 years.

Hoping to have it on the road in the next few years.

Post subject: Re: New from Eldersburg
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 am 
President
President

First of all, Welcome to the club.

Glad you still have it after all these years. If you are looking to restore the car back to it's original glory. I would highly Recommend Jeff Shaffer with Shaffer Restorations. Jeff has done restorations on a lot of club members mustangs (including my wife's 1990) and his prices are decent, he is located in Hagerstown, but is worth the trip. http://shafferrestoration.com/

Our website forum doesn't get a lot of attention anymore, though we'd like to change that. Most people go to our Facebook Group page to discuss their cars, and share pictures. https://www.facebook.com/groups/MustangClubMD/

Hope this helps, and look forward to meeting you at a meeting or club event.

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies