[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Some Help Please
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:03 pm 

Hi All,
I joined the forum in hopes of telling a story and finding some help so please bear with me. I am a retired Veteran and I picked up a 1965 inline 6 right after 911 in Tucson, AZ. She was in good shape and the journey began. My oldest Son, now a Marine helped me convert the automatic to a Top loader 4 speed what under taking for inline 6 but it worked out well. I turned it over to my Son in his senior year when I transferred here to Maryland in 2005 to Bolling AFB and live in Waldorf. After he went into the Marines, I tore her down and had an Old machinist named Sonny off Bryans Road rebuild and sup up the Inline with Roller Rockers, 2B Holly, custom CAM the whole nine yards. She sat for several years during the process.

Then this last year I turned her over to my youngest Daughter. She is a tomboy at heart. She helped me install the Engine, transmission, worked on her with me every day. My daughter is even in the Auto Tech program at North Point High School. Then the unthinkable happened, On a rainy day back in April she got into an accident. She hydroplaned and went into the back of a bus, she wasn’t speeding, she wasn’t texting cause her phone was at home, it just happened. She called crying not because she was badly hurt but that she has wrecked the Mustang. All my thoughts were on her being alive and not hurt that was the most important part.

This has been devastating to her and she worked all summer long at the local Ford Dealership to get a used 2003 Mustang to drive to school. She desperately wants to restore the 65 and that is where I need your Guys and Gals help. I pulled the engine which is still good. Stripped the steel ( 2 front inner fenders, hood, radiator support and font end parts that were damaged) but the Cowl is damaged as well.

I need someone around the local area t if possible that can really work on old Mustangs to help me get her structurally put together so my daughter and I can bolt on the rest of the parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Post subject: Re: Some Help Please
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:00 pm 
President
President

Send a private message to member Rick Hinkle (it's his user name too) he will point you in the right direction

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:43 am 

I sent Rick a note but have not got any response yet. I am surprised that there are not a lot of chime in concerning shops around Maryland. I was thinking about checking out Wentworth in southern Maryland has anyone heard of them and their work?

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:57 pm 
President
President

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:37 am 

I did find a shop in Southern Maryland that I am going to talk to called Bel Air. I think they use to be called Mikes. They say they do full restoration on classic Mustangs. If anyone has had any dealings with them please let me know. They sound very knowledgeable and willing to work with me. Any feedback would be apprecaited

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:07 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

The cowl is damaged? Can you post pictures? Cowl work is expensive if it needs to be removed. There are over 200 spot welds that need to be drilled out, after removing the windshield.

A closer shop which does great vintage Mustang work:
E&G Body Shop
5429 Ebenezer Rd.
White Marsh, MD 21162
(410)335-5566.
Owner: Ralph Evans

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:09 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:03 am 

Steve,
I have found a wonderful and very skilled Classic Car Restorer.
The great thing, is if you are willing to assist him restoring your classic mustang the cost is greatly reduced.
Jeff Restorations is currently working on my 1969 Fastback GT. And he also paint.
Call me
BULLITT Ed @ 443-336-7473
Or call Jeff @ 240 315-1408

Last edited by Edgalici on Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:09 am 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

Ed,
Please send me the information also. I am always looking for new resources for restoration. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:30 am 

His name is Jeff Shaffer
Cell # 240 315-1408
Rick, I have been working side by side with Jeff.
I have also learned a lot about body work.
Currently my car is at "Dawg House Classic" getting painted.
Jeff has turned 3 1961 4-door Chevy Impala's in to 2-door Impala's
James Heller, and Heather Thompson has seen his work.
:btu: Ed.

Post subject: giving up the Ghost
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:08 pm 

Well after many evening of thought My daughter and I have decided to sell/give away the good parts and start a new with a fixup V8.

If you know of anyone looking for a nice built Inline 6 200 with roller rockers, American racing Mag wheels with brand new tread, Brand new radiator, Brand New radiator support or any other part after of cowl please let me know.

I do appreciate all the post on body work and will keep those in mind as we move forward. Again I live in Waldorf if you need to pick up anything.

Here are some pics

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:49 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

I would like to see the front end damage. Do you have any pictures of that?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:05 pm 

I will post but frame is ok