[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: need a MD inspection
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:44 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:08 pm 

i called Collettes service center in Perryville since its like 5 minutes from my house...I swear it seemed like the guy who answered the phone was trying his best to not have me bring my car there...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:24 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:24 pm 

i think i might have found a place.. i can bring it in Friday morning, I can wait for it there..He says it takes about an hour and they have a waiting room with wifi etc.. and 69 bucks. :)
:santa:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:14 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:14 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Last edited by Red Baron on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:22 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

Mr. Tire in Mount Airy (the one next to Carter Q) also has a nice waiting room and wifi and will do it while you wait. I've been taking my cars to them for over 5 years and they've always treated me right.

AIM: levijwardell
Twitter:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:32 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

As I mentioned in an earlier post about finding a mechanic you can trust, we have been using Home Town Auto Repair for the past 12 years.

My brother had been working with Darrin to repair some of his vehicles so he referred me since I always do a lot of preventive maintenance on our vehicles.

Whenever possible I try to have Bob work on my cars but Home Town has been a nice find for us. :banana:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:14 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:23 am 

I got my GT done in a day. I stopped by right before I got it and talked to the guy (small local, one man shop). Told him about the car (practically brand new (3000 miles). Called him when I picked it up and he told me to bring it the next morning. He was busy that day, so he did it last as he knew it wasn't going to need anything. He called as we were sitting down to dinner.

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:05 am 

ok..They got my car in and inspected it, they were done in less than an hour..pretty good..2 items failed though, no biggee ..serpentine belt and the rear rotors were just barely under spec..got the belt ..the rotors are in at NAPA @ 11 am just waiting on them .dont really like the 47 dollar charge to throw my car back up on the rackfor 5 minutes...oh well :peace:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:50 am 

good for you on the results and yeah 47 big ones is a kick in the shorts but it is one of those fleecing of the flock, need over demand. happy days for you. :btu:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:46 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:35 am 

I have two cars that will never pass inspection down here which is why I left them registered in PA. I know that's not entirely legal, but I do have property up there which is why I can do that. I'm running an off road setup on my Mustang besides being lowered and a dozen other things that would fail it.

My DD is also lowered and a few things that would fail it. I'm about to take them somewhere and leave $100 bill on the seat and tell them its all ready for inspection hahaha

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:01 pm 

mines lowered and passed inspection..no offroad exhaust though..just magna flow loudmouth catbacks... T&D automotive in Aberdeen Md. if your interested..69 bucks for the inspection

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:23 pm 

Sounds good, but I don't think I wanna mess with the exhaust hahaha I'll keep it in mind though. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:51 am 

Generally around here as long as your not in the weeds lowered you're fine. So no "Hella Flush" is going to pass anywhere. I have a buddy who keeps getting busted in VA for being lowered in his GTI....

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:33 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:19 am 

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:58 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

AIM: levijwardell
Twitter: