[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for a full resto shop in central Maryland
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:20 pm 

Hey all, I've got a '65 Coupe that is about halfway through a frame-off restoration. It's a long story but the guy that was working on it has decided this isn't what he wants to do. :banghead: So I'm stuck finding a new place to finish her up.

I've talked to a couple of people about doing different parts of the work but I would prefer to take it somewhere and not have to worry about it until I come pick it up. :smile: If anyone knows a shop that can handle this please let me know. I'd also be willing to let an enthusist work on it, but it is a lot of work still. I would tackle it but I'm just to busy.

The guy said he will hold it until around Halloween, and I'm in no hurry to have it back. I can work with anyone's schedule. I live in Eldersburg and work in Ellicott City. The car is currently in Lisbon.

Thanks for any help you can provide! :clinkmugs:

Post subject: Re: Looking for a full resto shop in central Maryland
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:46 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

BobT knows of a shop in Westminster that will do the work. On the Eastside of town there is a shop that specialized in first gen restorations. Both our Vice Presidents have used him. His name is Ralph.

I will see if I can find the contact information this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:04 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

Westminister:
Bill's Auto Works‎
(410) 876-8818
1638 Old Westminster Pike
Westminster, MD 21157-7241
Quality work and fair price.

White Marsh:
E&G Body Shop
or maybe it is called
E & G White Marsh Garage
Complete Mustang Restoration
Owner: Ralph Evans
(410)335-5566
5429 Ebenezer Rd.
White Marsh, MD 21162
Not a fast shop, but worth the wait.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:17 pm 

Thanks for the suggestions! :clinkmugs:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:13 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

Not a problem.

Do have have any pictures of the car's progress so far?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:14 pm 

Sorry about the late reply, it's been busy as hell at work lately. I do have several pics. If you want to PM me your email, I'll send them to you.
Thanks,
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:35 pm 

Susqehanna Auto Clinic in Hvre De Grace MD. Owners name is Pete Visser. He did a Pro Street 63 Falcon for a friend of mines father a few years ago. He also did a 68 Camaro for the same gentleman a few years before the Falcon. Getting ready to do it again. He has done several street rods for people in Harford and Cecil counties over the years, as well as several out of state people. Has done work for Richard Crouse, the owner of Crouse Construction and Cecil County Dragway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:10 pm 

Thanks Ichy! :clinkmugs:

David, I sent you the pics.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:25 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

Got them. Nothing like tearing into a project and deciding it is not your thing anymore. Wow.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:51 pm 

Haha, I know, but he did good work on what he did, and isn't charging me anything except I had bought him a nice welder and I told him to keep it for his work. Hopefully I can work something out with the people recommended above.

Let's see if this works...

Cool, there's the front end as she sits today.

Theres the rear end...

But the engine looks great!

I'll keep you up to date.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:31 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

Have you found a shop you like?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:35 pm 

Beyond the two above, I contacted two others. The two I contacted didn't want to touch it. :/ Bill's never replied after I sent the pics. Ralph at E&G seems to be the man. He has worked with me, drove close to an hour to check out the car, and has sent me a quote. It's a little higher than I had hoped, but not to much that I think it's crazy. I was very impressed with Ralph's detail going over the shell. I'm waiting for his final quote, but he's getting the project (barring something weird) and hopefully by summer I'm driving her to a show. :3gears: Thanks for the references! :clinkmugs:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:38 am 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

I was just passing along information from other club members. Ralph has great references because he does great work. But that meticulous work takes time. Make sure you discuss how long he thinks it might take to complete. No one has complained about the wait once they have their work done.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:15 pm 

We did talk about that. He expects it to take about six months, and that's fine with me.
Thanks again! :btu:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:11 am 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

Great. Post pictures as you get them. I am eager to see the progress.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:36 am 

Will do! I'll start a separate thread and link it here.

Here we go:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:21 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

When doing a restoration patience is a virtue. You want a shop that takes its time and does the job right the first time.

Hopefully you and Ralph can make this happen. As long as you are willing to be patient with the restoration time estimate you should be alright.

Since this is a body shop do they do regular collision work or actually specialize in restorations? If so that will be his prime source of business and restoration work takes place in between regular collision work.

As long as your not in a big hurry to have your project completed it should work out fine. I'm also looking forward to seeing the restoration as is is being completed.

Best of luck,

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

Last edited by Red Baron on Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:46 am 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

Ralph's business specializes in restorations.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:16 pm 

Hey Midnight, from what Ralph says, about 95% of his business is resto's. He seemed very knowledegable in going over the shell. I'm perfectly fine with his time estimate, or even if it takes until next year. I want it done right, not fast. :smile:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:22 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

Sounds like you found the right fit. Best of luck.