[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Great Paint Job & Body Work from Maaco in Catonsville
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:16 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

After visiting several body shops and getting estimates ranging from $3,500 to $4,500 to clean up some previous shoddy body work and repainting my car, I took the car to Maaco for an estimate.

They quoted $1,775 for the body work and a factory OEM paint job. I opted for the Signature Paint Job which includes OEM factory colors, body prep and a clear coat finish.

I saw the car today but won't get it back until Monday as they want to buff out some minor dust imperfections. The paint was too soft today to do this.

The color is much darker than what was on the car primarily due to fading over the years.

Once I get the car back next week I'll take some photos and post them here on the forum.

The reason my car wasn't done in the time they promised me was due to unexpected body work delays on another car they were working on which affected all of the rest of the cars they worked on this week.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:23 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I forgot to mention that I also have a $100 coupon that will bring the cost of the body work and Signature paint job down to $1,675.

They also did a great job of all the body work issues I pointed out to them including, deep scratches on the drivers side behind the door and the passenger door and rear passenger side rear quarter panel.

They also fixed an area on the drivers side front fender where the paint was bubbling up due to poor prep by the last person who painted this car.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:13 am 

I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion about the paint job when you get it back. My '97 GT's Pacific Green paint is very rough, and I'll be giving the entire car a refresh over the next year. $2000 for a quality paint job is really very, very appealing! It's probably worth getting a quote...

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:06 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I picked up my car today and it looks really nice. The manager and I walked around the car and I pointed out a couple of small imperfections (dust particles) that were in the hood and on a fender.

He had his men take care of the problem areas and then he showed me a couple of small scratches in the hood that occurred when a air gun nozzle accidentally hit the hood. I will have to bring it back for them to repaint and clear coat the hood again. The manager pointed this out to me! I probably would not have noticed it until I had washed the car as they were so small.

I believe that I got a very high quality paint job and the body work they did was outstanding. All of the previous flaws are gone. I will have to reapply new body stripes and the MUSTANG letters on the back bumper but the car looks like new.

I will have to wait for about six weeks to wax or polish it as the paint needs time to cure properly. No orange peel or runs.

I'm satisfied and he even gave me a couple of $50 discount coupons for MCOM Members looking to have their cars repainted.

Contact me at steventapper@yahoo.com if you would like a discount coupon.

Maybe later I'll be able to wash the pollen off of the car and take a few photos to post on the forum. The biggest surprise to me is how much darker the paint now looks!

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian :btu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:11 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Here are some photos of my repainted 2002 Mustang. Since getting the car back I've had numerous people, mostly strangers, come over to comment on how good the car looks. :btu:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

Attachments:
Image041.jpg
Image041.jpg [ 111.68 KiB | Viewed 3112 times ]
Image045.jpg
Image045.jpg [ 111.78 KiB | Viewed 3112 times ]
Image044.jpg
Image044.jpg [ 120.28 KiB | Viewed 3112 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:14 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Some more photos!

Midnight Blue

Attachments:
Image046.jpg
Image046.jpg [ 118.97 KiB | Viewed 3107 times ]
Image043.jpg
Image043.jpg [ 125.7 KiB | Viewed 3107 times ]
Image047.jpg
Image047.jpg [ 124.72 KiB | Viewed 3107 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:16 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Once I put on my new silver striping and Mustang lettering I'll retake my pictures and post them again.

Maaco did a very nice of repairing the body and repainting the car and the price was right too! :banana:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:31 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

My brother Alan took his 1993 Plymouth Voyager in to Maaco today to have that vehicle repainted.

He is getting some body work done plus a paint job.

I'll let everyone know how this turns out for him too.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:57 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:41 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Now that the silver stripes and Mustang letters have been added to the back bumper I'm just about ready for Carlisle!

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

Attachments:
Image036.jpg
Image036.jpg [ 125.83 KiB | Viewed 3067 times ]
Image002.jpg
Image002.jpg [ 119.4 KiB | Viewed 3067 times ]
Image001.jpg
Image001.jpg [ 110.3 KiB | Viewed 3067 times ]