Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Price check: Rough estimate on a body resto.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:28 pm 
Site admin
Site admin

:groaner:

Yea I can hear it already. I know, I know its a hard question to answer. It all depends on how bad the car is, what I want done to it... etc.

I'm looking for ballpark .. no zipcode guesstamates here folks. Something of this undertaking is going to take a lot of saving up ... and begging/pleading/kissing up to the MRS to make happen.

I keep forgetting to grab Tom Shockley and have him look at my car when we are at a meeting to get his opinion.

I'm looking for (and I'm underinformed in this area so don't laugh too hard) a body resto. Like tear everything off, fix what needs to be on the body only, strip, seal, paint and put back as much of the stuff that is on there now. With a primo body, much of the interior already redone, 90% of the wiring replaced... I'm ok with putting back all the rest of it until I can get to replacing it at a later date.

I'm just tired of looking at all the cracks in the paint, shoddy engine bay, leaky drivers side vent. Replacing a dashpad, or redoing the seats as I have done so far aren't making the turd any more presentable ... a polished turd is still a turd.

So, if I were to drop it off at a shop and say, disassemble the car until its to the body, strip it down to metal, fix what needs to be fixed on the body, seal, primer and paint it and then put it all back together... what should a reasonable damage estimate be? :blink: