[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OWNED by D&L Tinting!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:29 pm 
/rage on OMFG I had my windows tinted by these guys last year and the back window started to bubble. They told me that I have a lifetime warranty on any work done by them and I bought an extended warranty to as they put it "cover me if a cop gives me a fix it ticket". Well I called them and told them my back window was bubbling so they told me to bring the car in with a copy of my warranty. I drive the 30 mintues to the shop and they tell me that they no longer carry this type of film and they will not be able to help me. They told me I have to call the film manufacturer and find a shop that does carry this type of film but they will most likely void my warranty since the tint is 20% and not legal in the state of maryland. D&L said that if they still carried this tint that they would have lied for me so it would be covered but since they don't I have to see if I can get another shop to lie for me. Now Im pissed, when I bought the tint they told me that it was illegal in maryland which I knew but they did not say that it would void any warranty that I purchased from them. Everything they gave me reguarding the warranty on the tint has their name on it so I was under the assumption that I was buying a warranty from D&L, They state "we warranty all our work" and its one of their big marketing campains. Now the manager comes out and tells me that they only warranty the installation not the product and I'm pretty much sol. I've only had this tint on for a year and its already bubbling. The lady behind the desk told me I can expect my side windows to bubble as well because the tint is no good and thats why they stoped using it. WTF you know the tint is no good and your just gonna let me get screwed in the ass! The only thing D&L said they could do for me is remove the tint that is on there for $60 then put new tint on and they would only charge me $80. Anyone know a good tint shop I can go to cause I'm ready to cry now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:44 pm 

That is ridiculous! I'm definitely not going there. I want to get my new 500 done but I'll probably just do it myself. It's been a long time since I've done it but the tint I did on my truck has been on there for almost 10 years now and still looks great.

by , on Flickr
Some people are like Slinkys. They have no purpose, but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:49 pm 
Site admin
Site admin

OH the games people play.

Don't they understand the concept of Customer Service? Gah....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:03 pm 

I've been calling around to get some prices on tinting my work car. D&L was the highest priced shop out of about 12 that I called. They wanted 220 for the whole car and 180 for just the back. I found GW Motorsports in Linthicum is doing my corolla, back 2 doors and rear window 5% for $80. I thought that was resonable. My Wife and I had a pushy mortgage saleslady a couple of months back when we were refinancing our house. My wife called the radio station where we heard the ad and they where very pleased that we called and told them about the complaint. D&L advertises on a bunch of radio stations, I would call all of them. Sorry to hear about your situation, all that money they charge they should just give you the newer tint that they carry.

Post subject: Tinting
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:49 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:40 pm 

Post subject: Ervin Lesters
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:33 am 

Post subject: Doctor Detail #1
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:28 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:30 am 

Post subject: Re: Doctor Detail #1
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:36 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:38 pm 
Ok the Cobra went down on Tuesday for tint with Ervin Lester and I am very happy with the job that was done.

Post subject: D&L Tint
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:05 pm 
It sounds to me as though you are really being jerked around. If they applied a product that was "no good" then they should do whatever it takes to make the customer happy. They should put new tinting on your car at no charge, since what they put on in the first place, by their own admission, was no good. This is a "civil matter" between you and the business so calling the police will do no good--it's not a "criminal" matter. Try calling the Better Business Bureau at 410-347-3990 or the Maryland Attorney General Consumer Assistance Hotline at 410-528-8662. I hope this helps! If you have taken your car someplace else to have the tint done, and paid again to have it done, one of the 2 agencies I recommended should help you get some reimbursement of money from D&L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:40 pm 

Post subject: Re: Tinting
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:34 pm