[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Book on Mustangs
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:05 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Folks,

I was shopping at a Walmart in Owings Mills today and as I was checking out the new releases of DVDs I happened to see a number of specialty interest books on cars. There was a book on the the Muscle Cars of the 60's, a book on the most popular cars of the 50's and then I saw a book called Mustang Classics.

This book was written by the auto editors of Consumer Guide and covers the development of the Mustang from 1962 to the present with notable models featured for virtually every year of the cars history.

The book is 128 pages and is loaded with photos of actual cars and print ads from Ford and a lot of interesting insight into each model year. The best part was that book only cost $6.99! It is an attractive book too with a cutout on the cover to showcase a 1969 Mach 1.

I'm not sure if every Walmart is stocking this book but it worth a look if you shop there.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

Post subject: Re: New Book on Mustangs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:37 am 
President
President

That is a great find Steve! I will certainly be on the lookout to get one for myself :btu:

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:35 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I've got a whole library on the Mustang! It seems that I buy every new or old book that features the Mustang as I enjoy reading about the cars history and the people who made it all happen.

Every book has some new twist and this one includes the newer models up to 2011. It's a great book for the price!

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:07 pm 
President
President

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:07 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Not only do I have large library on Mustang but also on Muscle Cars too. In addition I have a very interesting DVD collection of specialty car videos too.

I have the complete collection of The American Muscle Car, a series that was featured on the Speed Channel. In addition to that I have several videos from the History Channel from their Automania Series. I have the special videos of My Classic Car featuring Dennis Gage on Ford, GM and Chrysler.

The History Channel also produced special videos on the Mustang and Thunderbird and I have two old VHS tapes of vintage car ads from the 50's and 60's which are a hoot.

How about Groucho Marx, the host of "You Bet Your Life", as the pitch man for DeSoto!

As many books, videos and DVDs that I have on cars, it is tiny compared to my library, video and DVD collection on model trains, railroad history, and model train catalog collection of Lionel and MTH catalogs which I have been collectiong since the late 1990's.

As someone who honestly enjoyed history and especially military history it's not suprising that I have a large collection of videos from the History Channel, Modern Marvels and other sources.

Over the years I have read numerous books on WWll and the key military leaders such as Eisenhower, Patton, Mac Arthur, Bradley and others. If not for the genius of Dwight Eisenhower who had the vision to make Great Britain the launching point for the greatest amphibious landings on the coast of France, the war in Europe may have been lost to the allies. His out of the box thinking to have one Supreme Commander run the entire military action enabled all of the allied forces to work together to pull this mamouth effort off.

I didn't mean to turn this response into a history lesson but studying history whether it is world history or automotive history
is really exciting for me. I missed my calling and should have become a history teacher!

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:27 am 

Love the "American Muscle car" show! I've found alot of car reading material at my job, people are throwing
this stuff away, consumer guide has done a great job over the years with these car books!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:47 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

You can also find a lot of interesting car books at Ollie's Discount Stores. they usually have a wide range of automotive "coffee table" style books for sale. Car books like The Muscle Cars, Mustangs, Corvettes, Cars of the 50's, Cars of the 60's, etc.

I happened to be back at the same Walmart a few days later with the intent to buy the Muscle Car book they had on sale but all of the books were gone!

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:23 pm 

ollies has good books.!!!!! Mustangs,music/guitars and WWII and vietnam books are what i'm usually after.....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:45 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer