[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2011/2012 Mustang news
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:03 pm 

I talked to someone at Ford today and the 2011 Mustang Gt will have the 5.0 coyote motor, the same motor as the Cammer but detuned for the street. 400 HP 400 ft Torque. the 2012 Shelby with have the 5.4 Roadrunner Motor.not sure on hp for the Shelby . or the release date for the 2011 Stang.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:29 pm 

Oh boy, I'm getting goosebumps!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:01 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

If the 2011 Mustang GT is getting a 400 HP motor than that reflects a recognition of the new Camaro's potent V8 engine and should level the playing field again.

Now Ford has to keep the Mustang GT competitively priced against the V8 Camaro. I'm still hoping that Ford will offer the Ecoboost V6 as the base engine in the Mustang. This again would keep them competitive to the Camaro's 300 HP V6.

Midnight Blue

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:34 am 
I have seen mention that the base engine will be a Duratec 3.7 rated at 315 hp so that covers the Camaro.

I also expect the Ecoboost could slot in as an option between the base car and the GT. Since the Ecoboost was really designed to make 400hp and detuned for the SHO because of the tranny it could really make 400hp in the Mustang with minimal tweaks. That means more power will be on tap for the GT.

I have seen reference to the 2012 GT500 getting a twin turbo "Roadrunner" motor, but am confused on this. I have seen the "Roadrunner" referred to as a twin turbo Coyote at 600hp. But I have also seen speculation of the 2012 GT500 getting an aluminum block 5.4 twin turbo motor. That would easily make 700hp. Looks like the hp war isn't close to being over yet. I can't wait to see what shakes out in the next couple of years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:57 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:51 pm 
They also announced that the GT will come in at 412 HP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:25 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

The GT will be getting the new 412 HP 5.0 litre V8 replacing the current 315 HP 4.6 engine.

The Mustang will now have two very nice performance engines in the base and GT models. The Shelby's, GT 500's and Rousch's will still offer the really high performance engines.

The important thing to me is that even the base Mustang will have the performance to match it's looks. The GT will offer the enthusiast even more performance and that's a good thing too! :btu:

Midnight Blue

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:03 pm 

Mustang Club of Maryland
Special Service Mustang Owner's Association
Bad Pony Club---Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:03 am 

My goal is to special order a new 2011 Mustang in August. I start setting money aside the first paycheck in January! Funny though, since this will be a daily driver, I will check out the V6 since 300hp is no slouch! Plus it's lighter and cheaper. To actually have a choice again... :btu:

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:53 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Hey John,

If you will need and use your Mustang as a daily driver as I currently do, the V6 with 305 HP is the way to go!

Ford has finally given all Mustang fans engine choices that fit the sportiness and performance image of the car.

We have the 200 HP V6 in our 2008 Mercury Mariner and am very impressed with the performance. I can only imagine the power and responsiveness of a V6 putting out over 300 HP in a lighter car. :banana:

Midnight Blue

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:05 pm 

I don't know what the newer model will cost, but the V6 would also be easier on the pocket book as well, plus the mileage on my 100 mile daily commute would be better...my '05 is raced out and gets maybe 16mpg on a good day, and my '97 GT gets about 21mpg...my Expedition might get 12!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:34 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Our Mercury Mariner will get 25+ mpg on the road and will average about 21 in combined city/highway driving.

My 2002 Mustang 3.8 V6 has been modified a bit with a cold air intake and a Dynamax Cat Back dual exhaust system. I get between 20-24 mpg in all around driving and have gotten 30 mpg on a trip to Southern Maryland!

It seems that the performance upgrades have not really hurt my mpg which is important to me as this is my daily driver with over 107,000 miles and still running strong! :btu:

Midnight Blue

Attachments:
Image029.jpg
Image029.jpg [ 123.14 KiB | Viewed 4124 times ]
Image028.jpg
Image028.jpg [ 135.74 KiB | Viewed 4124 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:46 am 

WooHoo! It's wearing the 5.0 badges. :btu:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/25/2011 ... ped-early/

Mustang Club of Maryland
Special Service Mustang Owner's Association