[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: R/C Cars and Trucks anyone?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:50 pm 

We are back into it. Anyone want to get together and just bash around let me know. Craig and I are ready to go.

by , on Flickr
Some people are like Slinkys. They have no purpose, but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Post subject: Re: R/C Cars and Trucks anyone?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:13 pm 
Past President
Past President

Pretty cool :btu:

I have a nitro stampede! That thing is pretty nasty. I have plenty of mods done but unfortunately I need a new starter gear. I stripped it last year and never replaced it. Might have to get her running again.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:53 pm 

Yeah man get her runnin'. I don't know if we can keep up but it would be fun trying.

by , on Flickr
Some people are like Slinkys. They have no purpose, but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:42 pm 

I've got a few myself. Haven't touched them in about a year though...

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:17 am 
Past President
Past President

Not sure if the nitro would keep up with the new brushless motors. Those things fly! I had mine clocked on radar at 43mph. They say the brushless ones will go 60! I cant imagine. I had to get the foam tire inserts to keep my tires from wanting to come off at top speed. They kept coming loose at the bead.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:18 am 

The brushless motors are pretty fast but it all depends on the gearing and the batteries. With my current setup it is supposed to go 40 mph (it definitely seems like it goes 40) with the 8.4 V NiMH but if I were to get the 11.1 V LiPO batteries I could go 60 mph. But they are too expensive. Plus it's hard enough to control at 40 I can't imagine 60...but it'd be fun trying. :devious: Yeah the tires are glued from the factory and it feels like they have foam inserts.

Before this it had probably been about 5 years since my old Traxxas Hawk had moved. I used to race it back in the early 90's! I would get it out every once in a while just to play around but the batteries wouldn't hold a charge anymore.

I tried to fix that one up for my son so I bought all new electronics for it. With the power of a new 12 turn motor and 20+year old plastic it snapped one of the half shafts after I tried a full speed run. Luckily my friend Keith had a Stampede less electronics and sold it to me CHEAP and that is what Craig is running in the video with my old Hawk body on it. Gonna order new half shafts and just take it back to stock just to fool around.

You want to see fast check this one out...100+mph! :eek: :eek:

by , on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:16 am 

I'm pretty new to the R/C car world and I just bought a traxxas boss 302 electric, brushed motor. It says it goes up to 30 mph and I think it's pretty quick for a beginner. Only thing is since its a street car there's only certain places I can run it. If anyone knows of anywhere I could run it on a track or know of any courses I can run it on, can you let me know? Thanks.

2013 v6 gotta have it green "The Hulk"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:37 am 
Past President
Past President

We should have a r\c car and truck day. That would be awesome! Wanna plan one for next year?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:18 am 

by , on Flickr

Last edited by gtvert01 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:58 am 

Wheres Fasfox? I reckon he'll be looking to get involved? I always wanted to get into RC stuff but it is costly hobby and I don't have the time really or location(s) to ever just do it. It is nice you guys have these hobbys to enjoy collectively together. :btu:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:31 pm 

I'm luck to li've next to a church that has a good size parking lot and I always run my R/C car there, but was just wondering if there were any street tracks or courses I can run it on.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:45 am 

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:31 am 

I like the boss, its pretty quick and turns really good. But I'm probably going to end up buying a traxxas slash or stampede just cause it seems there is more to offer with those trucks. Then maybe I'll move up to the 1/10 and 1/8 scales and have some real fun.

I don't live too far from the hobby shop hear the buck and along with their off road course, they also have a drift course inside their store. I heard there is also a course inside a hobby store in middle river? I checked the website for the store and saw that it was carpet? I don't know if it's carpet where I can run the boss or if its carpet to run trucks. It just seems there is a lot more to offer with the off road cars and trucks than the on road cars. But like I said I'm a beginner so I don't know too much of what's really out there.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:30 pm 

The last video I posted is from up at the hobby store near The Buck. I hear they race 4-wheel drive Slashes there. I have a brushless 2-wheel drive Slash right now. My son is running a used brushed Stampede with a stretched chassis. The Stampede is better for general bashing around in the yard and all. It runs better through tall grass. My Slash gets stuck because it doesn't have the ground clearance. For Christmas I ordered him a brushless Rustler. He will be so stoked to get it.

Back in the early 90's I raced trucks on a carpet track in Bel Air. I ran a 2-wheel drive Traxxas Hawk..still have it. It was a lot of fun. You run foam tires instead of rubber tires. A guy there introduced me to traction compound and that made my truck a lot faster just because it wasn't spinning the tires on the carpet.

I tried to fix that one up for my son but the old plastic parts couldn't handle the new power and we blew out the half shafts. I ordered new ones and hopefully I can get her running again.

by , on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:31 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:40 am 

I have a slash 2wd and a 'Pede. Fun trucks! Especially with the brushless! I kept breaking stuff on the 'Pede til i got a wheelie bar.

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:10 am 

by , on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:14 am 

by , on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:03 pm 

nope...never had RC cars... I have a serious problem with guitars....LOL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:15 pm