[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: susgestion for new meeting place
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:17 pm 

Post subject: Re: susgestion for new meeting place
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:59 am 

I know this is a 2-year-old post, but after the discussion at Bellissimo's about another meeting place closer to Baltimore, I remembered (a few weeks later!) The Harp (formerly The Twisted Harp) at Belair Rd and Silver Spring Rd in Perry Hall (or Nottingham or White Marsh, depending).

They have a banquet room, so it solves the scatter problem encountered at Buffalo Wild Wings. And the food is great!

http://twistedharp.com/

-Tim

1988 LX 5.0/T-5 sedan Ext: 2H Int: G

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:40 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

Both of these suggestions are okay with me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:16 pm 

I nominate the Tilted Kilt in White Marsh for an upcoming meeting. They have good food...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:27 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

The Tilted Kilt serves food? I never noticed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:55 pm 
President
President

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:16 pm 

Hi Fellow MCOM Members!

After the less-than-desirable service and food from last night's meeting at Glory Days in Towson, Dave and I have a couple of restaurant suggestions for future MCOM meetings. In Savage, we could reserve the entire bottom floor of Rams Head Tavern; it's called The Rath Skellar. They also have an upper deck and outside porch area but I don't think they would be large enough to accommodate our members. My son used to be head chef there until he got transferred to the Annapolis restaurant but I wouldn't suggest we go there. If the officers and members are interested, I can check with my son about reserving the Rath Skellar. Here is the address and a link to the webpage:

Rams Head Tavern
8600 Foundry St., Box 2065
Savage, Maryland 20763
Telephone: (301)604-3454
http://ramsheadtavern.com/savage/

Two other places are Timbuktu or G&M's. Both are owned by the same people and the crab cakes are incredible! We have NEVER been to either of these restaurants and left dissatisified! The service is prompt and the food is outstanding! I'm pretty sure that both have a section that we can reserve and the prices are reasonable. Here's the information:

Timbuktu
1726 Dorsey Road
Hanover, MD 21075
http://www.timbukturestaurant.com/

G&M Restaurant and Lounge
804 N Hammonds Ferry Road
Linthicum Heights, Maryland 21090
http://gandmcrabcakes.com/

I don't mind doing some investigating and making some calls if anyone would like to give me an idea of location. I welcome your thoughts on these three restaurants.

BlackStangLady
aka: Susan
with
Bebe and R2

:3gears:

Bebe - '00 GT - Supercharged!
and
'Da New 'n Totally Kool R2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:52 pm 

G&M is one of my favorite restaurants, but parking is an issue. Timbuktu is also great and has plenty of parking. Great crabcakes at both. Timbuktu is also off a main highway. Good suggestion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:46 pm 

Hi Ann,

Timbuktu is also one of my favorite restaurants and I would bet the members would love the food! There is plenty of parking where we can have our meet 'n greet. I was thinking and I can check tomorrow, G&M is right off 695 and just across the street, the small supermarket closed as did the tanning salon. The dentist is still open but I believe closes at 5:00. If that is the case, that parking lot is empty and we can have our meet 'n greet there. Rams Head is right off Route 1 in Savage; in fact, it's located in historic Savage Mills. They have a rear parking lot that my son could probably reserve for us and entry into the Rath Skellar is right there. I'll keep looking for others ...

and

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:19 am 

I live a mile from the Savage Mill and I can vouch for good food at the Rams Head Tavern (I haven't been down to the Rath Skeller, but I assume the food is the same since its the same place). I noticed from the schedule that most of the upcoming meetings are again in the Baltimore area and none down this way, so please try to add one or two down this way again. Thanks.

Glenn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:21 am 

Ram's Head or G & M would be great places, as they are close for me. Sneaking away for a meeting is easier when its not so far, as G & M is a mile from my house and Savage isn't far either. We all lead busy lives and I wish I could attend ALL meetings, so when I get the chance I like to jump on them, thanks to all who put their time and travel into looking for places for us to meet! :btu:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:04 pm 

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the responses regarding Rams Head and G&M! It's good to post replies here so the officers know your feedback! We want to vary the meeting locations so more members will attend. I'll talk with Bob and Levi and if they agree, perhaps we can schedule a meeting at these two venues!

and

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:27 pm 

My company had it's holiday party at The Ale House in Columbia, the food was wonderful and the prices are reasonable.

~inspire excellence.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:18 am 

G&M parking sucks. And they WILL tow if you park across the street at Whiteys.

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:46 pm 

i can probably get us into Red Brick station at the Ave. in White Marsh. the have a seperate room in the back. we have met there before. Bellissimo's in Bel Air changed hands and really went down hill from what i was told. sorry Heather. i know that was your favorite place. a little far for you guys but i know you loved the food there.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:45 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

I have had events in the back room at the Red Brick. I think the room would work well for us. But I could not get the room for free. Also some MCoM members have expressed concern about parking their car there. Let me know if you can get us a deal on the room. This would be for a meeting in 2015.