Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Raxiom/Rosen Nav Unit Install in 2012
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:56 pm 

American Muscle offers an upgrade radio/cd/phone control panel that includes a GPS-based nav unit for the S197 'Stangs (and perhaps others). I recently installed this product in my 2012 V6 cpe and am willing to discuss the product application and installation process to anyone considering such an upgrade. BLUF - it's a fantastic product at a reasonable price-point if you're looking to add a built-in nav unit to your ride. I particularly enjoy the touch screen control of the radio functions as well as Bluetooth 'phone control/operation. It looks like an OEM option! Now works with both sync and non-sync cars.

1967 GT 2+2, Dark Moss Green and other restomod goodies
2012 MCA Edition Coupe, V6, auto, Kona Blue

Post subject: Re: Raxiom/Rosen Nav Unit Install in 2012
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:20 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

i would like to have a nav/radio/CD system in the Ghost some day.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:27 pm 

The Raxiom unit works with the OEM CD/radio/HVAC and adds nav with a touchscreen. If your ride doesn't have the pre-requisite OEM equipment, then I'm not sure the Raxiom unit will be a good option. But I'm assuming that yours has the CD/AM/FM/SIRIUS radio head. It does NOT have to be a Ford/MS Sync system now, so that may help. Overall I'm very pleased with this upgrade -- I also like the rear camera add-on that's part of the unit. You actually get a lot of functionality for the buck on this one, especially if you hit one of their (AM) promo sales (like $150 off). Almost (but not quite) like the Ford MyTouch panel.

Cheers,

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:22 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

If you have pictures of the of the installation step, you could write up a nice Hot To article. That might event make it to our News Letter.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:14 pm 

Thanks !! .... OK - can discuss merits of such during social time at next meeting perhaps. AM has posted a 12 page pdf of the installation procedure (like 20 steps just to get the radio head/panel swapped) and there are numerous (100+) review posts on the AM site that detail (some) of the experiences and "challenges" of the install. The total extent may be too much for the newsletter and may actually put-off folks considering this upgrade. Along this line of thought though, I was wondering if we (The Club) should consider adjusting/modifying the monthly meeting agenda to add a Tech Talk/Q&A session with focused presentations as time permits. I dunno - something I've just been kicking around in my head -- now that I'm retired, there seems to be more room in there .... but back to the point, perhaps a condensed article about the product and highlights on the install (with references to the AM material) may be worthy of a newsletter article. Spring is just around the corner, so it may be a good time to get thinking about one's next project or two ....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:12 pm 

This is on my list. When the time comes Ill be hitting you up!

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:11 pm 

wonderful !! .... I did send in my review of the product to AM but I guess I was a little too much for their tastes .... I have a short list of things to be mindful of while doing this mod in addition to the posts on the AM site .....

also, unfortunately I will not be able to attend the Feb meeting as the Mrs will have minor surgery that day and I know where my priorities lie .... perhaps in March then ..... or PM me to initiate 1v1 discussion ....

ciao,

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:37 pm 

the March mtg is planned to be held at Mimi's .... weather permitting (remember last year!), I'll bring the 2012 to the social hour and folks can take a look-see for themselves ..... think we will still be on EST so not much daylight, but we'll just have to deal with it ....