[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Here It Is 2015 Mustang!!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:33 am 

http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/2015//

Love it! The fastback is sweet! :btu:

I feel like I'm looking at a Beemer in the vert photo... :groaner:

Attachments:
convertible-top-down (Small).jpg
convertible-top-down (Small).jpg [ 27.48 KiB | Viewed 6581 times ]
s550_side (Small).jpg
s550_side (Small).jpg [ 60.39 KiB | Viewed 6581 times ]

Post subject: Re: Here It Is!!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:10 am 

still looking.. at 1st glance. Like my 14 better. LOL :devious:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:55 pm 

like my 13 better, but if it was deep impact.......welllllll. lol

1985 Mustang Gt Red convertible

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:42 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:48 pm 
President
President

Still keeping my '11, I am curious to see it in person though. as picture may not be doing this car justice. Looks better in some colors over others. the red doesn't look good at all imo, but I saw one in silver and looks like a different car.

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:07 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

Last edited by BruceWGT on Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:25 am 
Past President
Past President

Meh.... I like my 2013 better. The "American Muscle look" is a thing of the past that ended with 2014... I dont like how high it sits in the front. The chin spoiler is almost half the height of the wheel. I though the point was not to get air under the car so it will handle better at high speeds? This is what happens when you maket a car to many other countries, you have to cater to everyone and find the best of both worlds. I didnt see anything about the hp. Is it the same?

On a positive note, The interior is AWESOME!! Good job Ford! my :2cents:

Please copy and rate,
Scale of 1 to 10.
10=I love it
1=Hate it

Front=
Rear=
Sides=
Tail lights=
Headlights=
Independent Rear=
5.0=
4cyl Turbo=
Interior overall=
Dash=
Steering wheel=
Controls=
Comments....

Post subject: Re: Here It Is 2015 Mustang!!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:12 am 

I agree the interior is nice but it looks too much like a Jag to me!

Jeff likes it though.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:40 am 
Vice President
Vice President

Scale of 1 to 10.
10=I love it
1=Hate it

Front= 6 Shows some of the earlier Cobra design but the sloping down of the front makes it look too European. Could have given it a more distinctive and aggressive hood.
Rear= 9 Still looks like a Mustang but if they keep rounding out the rear it will soon look like a Toyota Celica
Sides= 5 One negative note is they eliminated the side scoop look prevalent on previous Mustangs
Tail lights= 8
Headlights= 1 The headlights look like those on every other current Ford, especially the Fusion. The Mustang is a totally different kind of car and should be different styling. It lost some of its identity using the same headlights.
Independent Rear= 8
5.0= 10
4cyl Turbo= I cant rate since I dont know that much about the engine but if it can pump out 300 hp stock that is something.
Interior overall= 9
Dash= 9
Steering wheel= 2 WAY too many buttons on the steering wheel.
Controls= 8
Comments.... Why do American car makers have to lean so heavily on European styling like they have over the recent years. The Mustang has always been American muscle and should stay that. I like the exterior styling of the 15 Mustang (except for the headlight issue) but i do admit it is on the brink of going too much European like the Corvette did a number of years ago. The fact that several on this forum had the same thought of the vert looking like a BMW shows it is losing its identity which could happen in a few years if the trend continues. Just saying.

Last edited by BruceWGT on Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:08 am 

Sorry... I'm not feeling this model. I like the 2013 and 2014 body style better too; 2015 looks too sporty. :nono:
Scale of 1-10 I give it an 8... after all it's still a Mustang!

~inspire excellence.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:51 pm 
Past President
Past President

Hmmmmm....... I want a Mustang that looks like a MUSTANG!!!

Attachments:
2015-Honda-Accord-Concept-coupe-photo-500x296.jpg
2015-Honda-Accord-Concept-coupe-photo-500x296.jpg [ 23.4 KiB | Viewed 6531 times ]
300x200xjaguar-xf-coupe-300x200_jpg_pagespeed_ic_ZDhdb1kZX0.jpg
300x200xjaguar-xf-coupe-300x200_jpg_pagespeed_ic_ZDhdb1kZX0.jpg [ 12.71 KiB | Viewed 6531 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:28 pm 

Have at it gentlemen
http://blog.brothersperformance.com/201 ... -designed/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVR98KAF ... UhBP-xX0ZQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q4CiHH5 ... UhBP-xX0ZQ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:43 pm 

I'm curious about the 2.3 Turbo. 305hp with 300 torque is pretty damn impressive. Twin scroll turbo. Hmmm, wonder how this would do in a Fox Body....

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:57 am 

I'm not too fond of how it looks. But I suppose that they want to appease all the younger people out there and giving it a more sporty look. Ill keep my 2011.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:59 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Well I finally get the car of my dreams, a retro 2006 Mustang GT, and then Ford changes the car! :nono:

First of all I have no regrets about getting my 2006 GT. I've liked the looks for years now and it is distinguishable as a true Mustang! :banana:

I have no problem with the 300 HP 4.6 engine or that throaty exhaust note either. At my age I'm no longer a boy racer but I do want performance, a measure of economy and all of the bells and whistles that go along with the Premium Leather interior.

That being said, I'm not going to complain about the new Mustang. Every time that Ford has to remodel the Mustang it has a huge challenge on it's hands. They don't want to alienate the Mustang faithful who are happy with their current Mustangs but they have to continually evolve the car or risk losing future customers and enthusiasts. In this case Ford took the huge leap of faith and designed the Mustang for a world wide market. They replaced the solid rear end with an independent rear suspension. They have kept the 305 HP V6 engine and boosted the power on the 5.0 Coyote engine. To make the car more acceptable to overseas drivers Ford is offering a 2.3 liter 305 HP 300 lb. ft. of torque Ecoboost 4 cylinder engine as an option. This new engine will fit between the base V6 and the high performance V8 engines to offer customers higher fuel economy with an amazing amount of power. It's too early to comment on how successful this new engine will be received and perform but I'm sure that it has been well tested if Ford is willing to place it in their new Mustang.

The new shape again is evolutionary as it is smaller and lighter than the current models and the styling, while looking more like a European sports car, still is easily recognizable as a Mustang. The face now takes on the Ford Corporate look which Ford must consider is important to them. The interior benefits from better materials and design to provide a comfortable and sporty environment for the driver. The toggle switches go back to the sports cars of the 60's but look right at home in this new package.

While we as Mustang enthusiasts will all have our own opinions on this latest restyling it is important to remember that Ford now has direct competition from the Camaro and the Dodge Challenger. Unit sales are important in keeping the Mustang alive. The brand is well established and Ford feels it is ready for a global market. Let's concentrate on the positives. The new Mustang still resembles a Mustang, has rear wheel drive, the power trains have been upgraded, the car now has an independent rear suspension for better handling and the Mustang is prepared to sell in large enough numbers to insure it's continued success. All in all that's not too bad for the 50th year anniversary model. :usaflag:

The Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:43 am 

For me the jury is out. I want to see it in person.
I also would like to drive the independent rear suspension to see about the handling difference.
For now I'll keep what I have.
Happy Holidays to all. :santa:
Jim

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:15 am 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

I was told that there is now a paddle shift option for the mustang!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:11 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

Apparently from what I read, paddle shifters are available on the automatics.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:59 pm 

Well I love the look and all-around performance of the '15 - one will hopefully end up in my driveway someday soon. Yeah, the nose could've been designed with a little bit more of the traditional look, but the overall execution seems to be excellent.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:03 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

The very first 2015 Mustang to be offered to the public was auctioned off for charity at the Barrett Jackson Auction in Scottsdale, Arizona this past weekend. The car sold for $300,000 and all of that money, with no fees or commissions, went directly to the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation! :btu:

The 2015 Mustang has been receiving very favorable reviews so far as enthusiasts have had more time to study the car.

The Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian