[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Here It Is 2015 Mustang!!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:17 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

Saw a pic on Facebook that is suppose to be a spy photo of the 2015 GT350. The sides of the car look like the 2015 Mustang that we have all seen, but looking at the front end through the camouflage panels it looks to me like a different headlight from the Fusion/Taurus/etc headlights on the 2015 models that we've seen or is it my imagination? What do you think?

Attachments:
GT350.jpg
GT350.jpg [ 272.54 KiB | Viewed 4038 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:55 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

The headlights definitely look different from the ones on the new 2015 Mustang. Maybe this GT 350 isn't for export so the lights were different for an American only audience. Just speculation.

The Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:14 am 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

Look at the hood.
There is a huge scoop in the front.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:21 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Those tires are so wide they look like tank treads! :yikes:

The Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:51 pm 

I don't care much for it either. This is just my opinion so no need to start making phone calls ... If we extend the engine compartment say, 12 - 18 inches and squared off the trunk a bit it would look more like a Mustang than a Beamer or Honda. There's a reason it's photographed from the side, standing in the front, it takes on the appearance of an old Hyundai Tiburon. (I know, I had one). The salesman wasn't too keen on hearing that comment! As if that wasn't enough for him to know that I wasn't a likely sale, the rear end is way too reminiscent of a Camaro with the small, thin, angled tail lights. I'm not sure what Ford was thinking with those side moldings and undercarriage sweeping up and onto the body; but again, just my opinion. Two things a Ford dealer does not want to hear - it looks too much like a Chevy or a Honda for my tastes. BTW, have you sat in it? First thing you notice is the height of the hood - and it wasn't even a legit cowel. I had to raise the seat just to see the road beyond the front fender; overall, for me there was an uncomfortable lack of visibility for daily driving - and forget the track. I thought R2's cabin was too sedan-ish but when I sat in this one, it was like a Bathtub. The windows are narrow and sleight and the door is thick and heavy. Forget about putting anyone older than 9 or 10 or a tall box in the back seat due to the sloping rear window. For me to comfortably rest my foot on the gas pedal, I had to move the seat so far forward that there was barely 5 inches of clearance between me and the steering wheel and if I put the wheel as far down as it would go for better visibility above the dashboard, it almost rested in my lap. On the positive side, there are plenty of options so it can be dressed-up to look more like a Mustang and has a number of performance package options to make it sound more like a Mustang as well. I declined a test drive. I would like to hear from anyone who has driven it to get an idea of the handling. But .. Times they are a changin' ... As the salesman walked with me trying to encourage a test drive, he saw R2 and when he realized she was my car, he asked if he could take a picture of her - and he took several. I guess that about says it all, right? There's something to be said for appreciating what you have ...

Bebe - '00 GT - Supercharged!
and
'Da New 'n Totally Kool R2

:3gears:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:32 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

My daughter Sarah and I saw the new 2015 Mustang at the Motor Trend Auto Show in Baltimore last week. The one we saw was on a round turntable and you couldn't get a look at the interior. The color was a charcoal gray and quite frankly it does look better in person than in the pictures.

Many of us traditionalists are having a hard time with the new exterior styling, especially the front grill which resembles a Jaguar. The rear of the car is also a bit controversial with the traditionalists, especially those of us who fondly remember the early Mustangs.

Ford has been getting a lot of feedback on social media and some of it has been critical which was expected. The younger generation though seems to like the new Mustang as this is something more appealing to them. This was something Ford was hoping for because our older generation will not be the ones to keep the Mustang brand viable. The new, younger generation is Ford's hope to keep the Mustang Legend growing in the future. That and international sales.

While I am more than happy with my 2006 Mustang GT I am not the target market for the new Mustang. That being said, I ran into a gentleman about my age, over 65, who saw my MCOM sweatshirt and MUSTANG hat and told me that he was going to buy a new 2015 Mustang with the four cylinder ecoboost engine. He said that his first car was a Ford and his last car will be a Ford. So here you go...

The Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:08 pm 

Hey Steve,

There's something about the words " 4 cylinder" and "Ecoboost" that somehow just doesn't seem to fit in a sentence with the word "Mustang." But, as we said, times they are a changin' ....

Bebe - '00 GT - Supercharged!
and
'Da New 'n Totally Kool R2

:3gears:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:33 pm 
President
President

Susan,

What dealership did you go to that had a '15?

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:51 pm 
President
President

I think I see what Ford was trying to accomplish with the 2015 in regards to tail lights and fast back appearance

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:27 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:11 pm 
President
President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:18 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

Just like the SVO was more expensive than the GT, the new Eco Boost I4 is more expensive than the v6. It will be a tough sell.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:29 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer