[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Red Baron
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:43 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

For the past several years I have been waiting for an opportunity to buy a S197 Mustang. My wish finally came true this week as I was able to sell my 2002 V6 Mustang, Midnight Blue, and purchase a 2006 Colorado Red Premium Mustang GT.

This car has everything I was looking for in that it has a like new leather interior, V8 power and sound, an automatic transmission and even 19" wheels from a 2010 Mustang GT. As I will only be driving this car between 5000-7000 miles a year I'm looking to keeping this car for a long time!

It cleaned up nicely but come next spring I'll do a full detail on the car including clay barring the car, polishing and adding a paint sealant for extra protection. The leather seats are not worn at all and have been regularly treated with a leather cleaner/conditioner. I will again use my Griot's Garage Leather Cleaner/Conditioner to keep the seats in like new condition.

The engine is a bit dirty as one might expect from a 2006 model car but that too will be cleaned up and dressed next spring. I did buy a GT Engine Brace from Bob Thompson and will be adding a set of gas powered hood struts to eliminate the hood prop. I haven't yet decided on any striping but that can be something I can look in to further down the road.

All of my floor mats and trunk mats fit the new car however I will need to trim the back seat floor mats a bit to allow them to fit inside the seat brackets.

Coming off of my V6 coupe the GT offers a dramatic difference in torque and engine sound. I'll have the transmission fluid and radiator flushed and will also have a throttle body cleaning all done with a BG service. I'll eventually have Bob tune up the car, replacing spark plugs and filters, etc. I'm hoping that I won't have to sink too much money into maintenance right away.

Here are some photos of my new car, the Red Baron! :btu:

Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

Attachments:
DSC_1492 (800x536).jpg
DSC_1492 (800x536).jpg [ 247.32 KiB | Viewed 6522 times ]
DSC_1494 (800x536).jpg
DSC_1494 (800x536).jpg [ 287.38 KiB | Viewed 6522 times ]
DSC_1486 (800x536).jpg
DSC_1486 (800x536).jpg [ 242.69 KiB | Viewed 6522 times ]
DSC_1484 (800x536).jpg
DSC_1484 (800x536).jpg [ 221.32 KiB | Viewed 6522 times ]
DSC_1485 (800x536).jpg
DSC_1485 (800x536).jpg [ 221.72 KiB | Viewed 6522 times ]
DSC_1482 (800x536).jpg
DSC_1482 (800x536).jpg [ 248.98 KiB | Viewed 6522 times ]
DSC_1479 (800x536).jpg
DSC_1479 (800x536).jpg [ 220.76 KiB | Viewed 6522 times ]
DSC_1478 (800x536).jpg
DSC_1478 (800x536).jpg [ 296.79 KiB | Viewed 6522 times ]
DSC_1477 (800x536).jpg
DSC_1477 (800x536).jpg [ 261.33 KiB | Viewed 6522 times ]
DSC_1476 (800x536).jpg
DSC_1476 (800x536).jpg [ 320.8 KiB | Viewed 6522 times ]
DSC_1475 (800x536).jpg
DSC_1475 (800x536).jpg [ 261.54 KiB | Viewed 6522 times ]
DSC_1474 (800x536).jpg
DSC_1474 (800x536).jpg [ 314.19 KiB | Viewed 6522 times ]
DSC_1472 (800x536).jpg
DSC_1472 (800x536).jpg [ 303.31 KiB | Viewed 6522 times ]

Post subject: Re: The Red Baron
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:18 pm 

SWEEEET!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:25 pm 

Congrats on the new ride! Welcome to the wonderful V8 world!
:3gears:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:41 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Thanks Corey! :btu:

I'm looking forward to enjoying this car for a long, long time! :banana:

It is such a comfortable car too. Even my wife Barbara mentioned this to my daughter Sarah when she came over today to see the car. It truly is another dimension having that big V8 under the hood too! The biggest thing I noticed besides the sound of the car is the awesome torque even at low speeds. It is effortless at highway speeds too.

Like I mentioned earlier this is a dream come true for me and I'm looking forward to many, many years of driving satisfaction as both a personal car and a club car where I can participate in Car Shows and parades.

Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:46 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:54 pm 

Congrats! you should get ford racing hot rod cams. sounds amazing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:07 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

:3gears: First things first! :nono:

I saw Bob this evening and he cleaned out the throttle body as it was caked with black gunk! :yikes: Then he replaced the serpentine belt that was cracking. He suggested that I change the spark plugs which I will be doing shortly. Eventually I will replace the stock air filter with a Cold Air Intake and have the car tuned.

The difference is amazing! No more hesitation as I accelerate from a stop and the power just keeps coming! :3gears:

I was amazed at just how fast this car accelerates to 60 mph. Coming home from Bob's house I was turning onto Rt.140 and merging into traffic. I was able to safely out accelerate the oncoming traffic without any problems. :pepper:

Now I know why everyone is joking about watching my speed! :yikes:

Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:10 pm 

I am very happy to share the road with you bro. in your new sweet ride.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:14 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Thanks Paul!

She should look right at home at the White Marsh Parade next month! :btu:

Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:03 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:59 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

My brother uses Seafoam in his Mitsubishi Eclipse. I used to use a fogging product on my Mercury Outboard Motor on a runabout boat we used to own when we had a campsite on the Chester River.

Bob used carburetor and throttle body cleaner to get all of the gunk out of the throttle body which he removed from the engine. He then cleaned up the throttle body on the outside before replacing it back on the car. I've also used Lucas Fuel Injection Cleaner in the gas tank at least once a month on all of my cars to help keep the throttle bodies and fuel injectors clean from the inside.

I'll have to look into seafoam for preventive maintenance purposes. Have you ever heard of a company called XADO? I have seen them advertised in Motor Trend and other popular car magazines. I also saw them advertised on TV on the Lokar Car Show series on the Velocity network on cable.

Unlike many typical engine additives this product called Atomic Metal Conditioner, forms a ceramic-metal coating wherever there is enough friction to do so. It contains a "Revitalizant" which rebuilds worn metal and protects it from future wear. This is a self-regulating nano-technology that works at the atomic level, so it does not flake, cake, or alter oil velocity. The benefits of this are, increased horsepower, increases in compression, restores lost oil pressure, protects metal parts from overheating and future wear, improves lubricating properties of oil, reduces fuel consumption, reduces carbon monoxide and dioxide emissions, decreases levels of noise and vibration and it lasts for 62,000 miles.

Prior to ordering this product, which costs $54 and lasts for 62,000 miles, I did a lot of internet research. What I found is that their claims have been substantiated by independent labs and also skeptical repair shop and engine builders. This product which was created in Germany and has been used extensively in Europe, has proven to very effective at extending the life of gas and diesel powered engines. Many trucking companies and fleet operators swear by this product to keep their vehicles on the road.

I also used adhesive remover and removed the dealers name and phone number off the back of my trunk lid. I don't care to offer them free advertising.

Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:26 pm 

ok..nevermind..theres the big pics..Looks good!!! and nice rims too!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:04 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:11 am 

Nice Ride, I will keep an eye out for you in the neighborhood

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:45 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:38 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I'm sorry Bruce but I mistakenly deleted your post! :yikes:

I was trying to "Quote" the post but wound up just editing your post. When I tried to undo that I unintentionally deleted your post.

What I was trying to say was that one of my good friends, a retired Baltimore County Police Officer, saw my posts on my Facebook page with pictures of my new car. His comment to me was that Red was called Arrest Me Red and then chimed in; "License and Registration Sir!" LOL! :nono:

Then I wrote back jokingly that this is my daughters car officer! My daughter drives a 2010 Mini Cooper S but said that if I wanted to trade her she would consider it except that she gets better gas mileage! LOL!

Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:38 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I'm sorry Bruce but I mistakenly deleted your post! :yikes:

I was trying to "Quote" the post but wound up just editing your post. When I tried to undo that I unintentionally deleted your post.

What I was trying to say was that one of my good friends, a retired Baltimore County Police Officer, saw my posts on my Facebook page with pictures of my new car. His comment to me was that Red was called Arrest Me Red and then chimed in; "License and Registration Sir!" LOL! :nono:

Then I wrote back jokingly that this is my daughters car officer! My daughter drives a 2010 Mini Cooper S but said that if I wanted to trade her she would consider it except that she gets better gas mileage! LOL!

Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:00 am 

Hey Steve I like the name The Red Baron how did u ever come up with that name Hummmm I wonder lol :btu:

Great Name it fits your new Stang

Red with White Strips
5 Speed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:48 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

One of my friends suggested that name Lynn! I wonder who? LOL! :btu:

Ann Thompson also likes the name and decided that from now on I should go by the nickname of Snoopy! :banana2:

Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:37 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Well folks its time to celebrate my two year Anniversary of my purchase of my 2006 Mustang GT Premium. It's been a wonderful experience owning and enjoying this car.

When I bought the car in November 2013 the car had over 147,600 miles on the clock. Today, 2 years later the car now has 156,250 miles. As you can see I'm averaging 4325 miles a year since I am retired and the car isn't driven every day.

I've continued to add some personal touches to the car such as American Muscle Billet Chrome Control Knobs and other chrome items to the interior of the car and an Engine Dress Up Package for the detailed engine.

Mechanically I have had the car tuned with new spark plugs and wires, a BG Induction System treatment to clean out the fuel injection system, replaced two front tie rods, a BG Transmission Flush & Fluid Replacement treatment, new 19" Goodyear Eagle RSA tires and other preventive maintenance services.

I have switched over to Croftgate USA cleaners, polishes and waxes to restore the Torch Red Paint on the car. Also added was an acrylic plastic Wind Deflector for the hood.

The Red Baron gets a lot of thumbs up on the road and has been the recipient of a half dozen or so plaques and awards at MCOM and other local car shows. It's still my dream machine and has helped me continue to enjoy my Mustang lifestyle! :btu:

Here are some updated photos of the Red Baron! :pepper:

The Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

Attachments:
H&H Car Show Sept. 2014 196 (800x536).jpg
H&H Car Show Sept. 2014 196 (800x536).jpg [ 314.85 KiB | Viewed 6401 times ]
DSC_1885 (800x536).jpg
DSC_1885 (800x536).jpg [ 305.41 KiB | Viewed 6401 times ]
DSC_1884 (800x536).jpg
DSC_1884 (800x536).jpg [ 268.76 KiB | Viewed 6401 times ]
DSC_1883 (800x536).jpg
DSC_1883 (800x536).jpg [ 291.34 KiB | Viewed 6401 times ]
DSC_1880 (800x536).jpg
DSC_1880 (800x536).jpg [ 340.65 KiB | Viewed 6401 times ]
Carolyn's Croftgate Detail 2015 006 (800x536).jpg
Carolyn's Croftgate Detail 2015 006 (800x536).jpg [ 394.72 KiB | Viewed 6401 times ]
Carolyn's Croftgate Detail 2015 004 (800x536).jpg
Carolyn's Croftgate Detail 2015 004 (800x536).jpg [ 366.8 KiB | Viewed 6401 times ]
Carolyn's Croftgate Detail 2015 003 (800x536).jpg
Carolyn's Croftgate Detail 2015 003 (800x536).jpg [ 366.62 KiB | Viewed 6401 times ]
Carolyn's Croftgate Detail 2015 002 (800x536).jpg
Carolyn's Croftgate Detail 2015 002 (800x536).jpg [ 384.03 KiB | Viewed 6401 times ]