[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Car Alarm
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:52 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

Do the newer Mustangs come from the factory with a car alarm option?

I had my 2009 GT for almost a week and didnt know it even had a car alarm until a guy leaned against the car and suddenly an alarm was going off. I jumped in the car and tried inserting the key in the ignition, tried starting the car, etc but the alarm didnt stop sounding until I got out of the car and inserted the key in the door handle lock and turned it like I was unlocking it.

I have normally been hitting the lock button on the door to lock the car as I get out. But now I have started having repeated instances of the alarm going off when I insert the key in the door handle lock to unlock the door. And this appears to be happening after i locked the car by using the inside door lock button. I do know there have been a few times (when i remember to) that I got out of the car and locked the door with key in the the door handle lock and no alarm went off when i tried to unlock the door later. Any thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Car Alarm
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:55 am 
Past President
Past President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:47 am 
Vice President
Vice President

Hi Bob,
Thanks for the information. A key fob didnt come with the car so I need to get one.
Sitting at Sonic last night while Di and I were having a late night snack, I started looking through the owners manual (better late than never). I saw sections on the passive theft deterrent system with the engine demobilization and the active theft deterrent system with the vibration monitor, inside movement monitor, incline monitor. I started to think there had to be a "If you are even thinking of stealing this car" monitor that would set off the alarm lol.

Looking through the manual and seeing all the "(If equipped)" caveats next to many of the options, I told Di the Ghost is a pretty well equipped car since it seems to have most of the "Ifs".

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:32 am 
Past President
Past President

It definatly is set up for keyless entry. Go on ebay and pick one up. Then program it and your done!

How to reprogram your remote entry transmitters
You must have all remote entry transmitters (maximum of six) available before beginning this procedure.
Note: Ensure the brake pedal is not depressed during this sequence.

To reprogram the remote entry transmitters:

1. Ensure the vehicle is electronically unlocked.

2. Put the key in the ignition.

3. Cycle eight times rapidly (within 10 seconds) between the 1 (OFF/LOCK) position and 3 (ON).
Note: the eighth turn must end in the 3 (ON) position. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that the programming mode has been activated.

4. Within 20 seconds press any button on the remote entry transmitter.
Note: If more than 20 seconds have passed, you will need to start the procedure over again. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that this remote entry transmitter has been programmed.

5. Repeat Step 4 to program each additional remote entry transmitter.

6. Turn the ignition to the 1 (OFF/LOCK) position after you have finished programming all of the remote entry transmitters. Note: After 20 seconds, you will automatically exit the programming mode. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that the programming mode has been exited.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:23 am 
President
President

I also recommend Amazon, I bought a remote for my Suburban from there, and was brand new and came with specific instructions.

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:48 am 

My 10 didn't have the factory alarm. Just the chip in the key. A good indicator if you have one in a S197 is look on the back edge of your done light. If there are little speaker grille looking thingys with something silver behind them, you have it. Those are motion sensors. I put a Viper 5904 with remote start in mine.

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:48 am 

Oops double bubble

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:19 am 
Vice President
Vice President

Ordered key fobs through Amazon.com for less than $8 each. The programming was so easy, took less time than it took to read your directions Bob lol. Life is a little bit easier now :smile:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:38 pm