Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: So Long Midnight Blue
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:33 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

For the past five and half years I have owned and enjoyed my 2002 V6 Mustang that I named Midnight Blue. I bought this car shortly after having my Thyroid Gland removed in April 2008. This was a scary time for me as I had a number of medical issues that eventually were caused by an enlarged Thyroid Gland. I spent 3 days in the hospital with tubes in my neck wondering if I would be able to talk again as the doctors had to reposition my vocal cords to remove the Thyroid Gland.

After this experience I told my wife that I wanted to do some things that I had been putting off for years like owning another Mustang. Since we had recently purchased a new 2008 Mercury Mariner I was limited to a late model used car and one that could fit into a modest budget. After searching for a month I found this 2002 Mustang sitting on a used car dealers lot. It had a lot of potential and would require some investment but I believed that this was doable and bought the car. Shortly after that I joined the Mustang Club of Maryland and have been very active ever since.

This forum is a living history of the work and upgrades that I have made to this car including, a new factory OEM Clear Coat paint job along with bodywork done by MAACO in Catonsville, MD. I have added wheels, tires, custom neoprene seat covers, new headlights, new white faced gauges, and many other interior and exterior upgrades. I have also upgraded a lot of the mechanical parts of the car and used the car as a canvas to showcase my detailing skills.

So it is with a heavy heart that I have to say goodbye to an old friend. I sold Midnight Blue to a young college student who appreciates this special car and hopefully will provide her with a lot of attention.

Had it not been for this car I never would have found the Mustang Club of Maryland and met so many new friends. Midnight Blue also inspired me to stay active with this club and to search out a S197 Mustang as her replacement. That I did with the purchase of my 2006 Colorado Red Premium Mustang GT. This baby is loaded with leather seats, a 6 CD changer and many other options.

I had the opportunity to take out Midnight Blue for one last cruise with the club as we cruised to Gettysburg to tour the battle grounds.

I have a lot of photos of Midnight Blue both on this MCOM Forum and at home which I intend to keep as a reminder of my love for this car. She may have been just a base Mustang but to me she was my link to return to my youth again.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

Attachments:
DSC_8480 (640x428).jpg
DSC_8480 (640x428).jpg [ 251.35 KiB | Viewed 2270 times ]
DSC_8443 (640x428).jpg
DSC_8443 (640x428).jpg [ 278.49 KiB | Viewed 2270 times ]
DSC_1295 (640x428).jpg
DSC_1295 (640x428).jpg [ 225.61 KiB | Viewed 2270 times ]
DSC_1249 (640x428).jpg
DSC_1249 (640x428).jpg [ 234.33 KiB | Viewed 2270 times ]

Post subject: Re: So Long Midnight Blue
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:44 am 
President
President

Very touching story Steve. You will create lots of new memories with this new one. Enjoy

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies

Post subject: Re: So Long Midnight Blue
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:56 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Its funny how some cars touch our lives more than others James. Over the years I have bought and sold more than a dozen cars. I remember them all but few had any long lasting emotional attachments for me. Midnight Blue allowed me to meet people I never would have met, become a participant at car shows rather than a spectator and provide me with a chance to do something in my retirement years.

My new car, which I am calling the Red Baron, will continue to offer me these same opportunities and also fulfill a lifelong dream to own a Mustang GT. You can bet that this car will probably be the most photographed car I have ever owned and that is saying something for all of the pictures I have taken with Midnight Blue! :btu:

I just couldn't let Midnight Blue go without telling everyone just how much she meant to me.

Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian