[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stainless Steel Sill Plates
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:34 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I just ordered a set of Stainless Steel Sill Plates for my car from American Muscle to replace the stock plastic sill plates that came with the car. These sill plates have the word MUSTANG written on them in bold letters.

After reading the comments about these plates it is obvious that additional double side tape will be needed to secure them once the plastic sill plates are removed. My wife and daughter are getting me these for my birthday.

They are currently out of stock but American Muscle expects them to be back in stock in about 2-3 weeks. I'll take some before and after photos to post on the forum to show the marked difference in appearance that they make on the interior of my car.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

Post subject: Re: Stainless Steel Sill Plates
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:16 pm 

Steve,
We have these on our car and they look amazing! They were a surprise christmas present from Rich. The extra tape is a must. We also added new floor mats that say GT on them. The Mustang door sills and the GT mats really dress up the inside of our car. I hope you love them as much as we love ours. :btu:
-Lauren

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:55 am 

wheres the pics... :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:06 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I have been looking at adding these stainless steel sill plates to my car for some time now. I agree that they give the car a more upscale and classier look than the color coordinated plastic sill plates.

My car already looks like an American Muscle catalog now! :yikes:

I'll be sure to take some photos of the new sill plates when they are installed on the car. I received an email from American Muscle letting me know that they will notify me when the sill plates are back in stock.

When I first bought the my car in 2008 I ordered a set of Mustang Logo Carpet Floor Mats from American Muscle. Because I was using the car as a daily driver the drivers side floor mat developed a wear spot from the heels of my shoes. I have switched over to rubber floor mats that I purchased from Mustangs Unlimited which have FORD on the top and a white running horse below it. These have held up very well as they protect the carpeting and are easy to clean and maintain.

While carpeted floor mats are very attractive they just don't hold up to everyday driving for me.

Here are a few picture of some of the interior upgrades I have made over the years including custom fitted neoprene seat covers which are very comfortable all year round and cover up the small cigarette burns that the original owners of my car made. Also shown are the white faced gauges, Ford racing pedals and chrome automatic shift handle. I still may add some billet and chrome interior items at a later date but right now I'm considering selling Midnight Blue and buying a 2006 or newer model as I like that body style.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

Attachments:
DSC_5133 (640x428).jpg
DSC_5133 (640x428).jpg [ 214.92 KiB | Viewed 6175 times ]
DSC_5134 (640x428).jpg
DSC_5134 (640x428).jpg [ 217.4 KiB | Viewed 6175 times ]
DSC_5286 (640x428).jpg
DSC_5286 (640x428).jpg [ 212.25 KiB | Viewed 6175 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:08 pm 

I may need to take a class on how to post pictures to the forem b/c I am lost :confused2: :confused3:

Thanks for the tip on the floor mats. I really like the look of your rubber mats. I noticed the heel mark in my floor mats too. What I am thinking about doing is order a set of the rubber mats and use them for the every day driving and just use the carpet ones for special occasions(car shows and parades).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:52 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Thats the way to handle the floor mat issue Lauren. Buy a nice set of rubber floor mats for everyday driving to protect your carpeting and for longer mat life. Use the carpeted mats for cruises and car shows where you can show them off without wearing them out.

Posting pictures can be a bit challenging on this forum but let me see if I can help you out. First of all you will need to reduce the size of your digital photos. I have reduced mine to 640x428. Most photo editing programs allow you to do this easily.
When you want to post a picture onto the forum use the "Upload Attachment" section below the "Submit" box. Click onto the "Browse" box located below. That will bring you to your photo files. On my computer, a Dell Inspiron 620 Desk Top with Windows 7, it takes me to my Windows Suite where I click on pictures. That opens up all of my photo albums and lets me go to the album I need to post the pictures I want to put onto the forum.

Once you find your reduced sized picture click on it and it should be ready to download. You'll see a box open letting you know that the picture is being uploaded onto the forum. Click on the "add to file" box and the digital photo should be ready to submit. If you only want to upload that one photo click onto the "submit" box and it will post your picture onto the forum. If you want to post more than one photo follow the same procedure. The forum will only allow you to post up to three pictures per reply. Remember to reduce the size of your pictures or no one will be able to see them on the forum.

This is complicated but once you do it a few times it does get easier. Good luck! :thumbsup2:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:29 pm 

I will give it a try thanks steve :btu:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:31 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

It's nice having a "new member" to the 1999-2004 Mustang camp! :btu:

You and Rich share the same enthusiasm I have over the Mustangs from this era. These particular Mustangs still offer great styling, sportiness and performance. We used to have a lot more members who had these era cars but have since moved onto the newer 2005-2013 Mustangs.

For awhile I was the only one posting on this thread so it's nice to have another member who shares the same interest.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:48 pm 

I fell in love with these cars the first time I saw one in 1999. I always knew I would own one some day. My dream car was a white 2004 Mustang GT and now I can proudly say I own my dream car. :banana: Mustangs have been in my blood since I was a little kid. I like the look of the newer Mustang but I will never get rid of my 2004. I will just add to the collection not replace :btu:

Last edited by 04_GT on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:04 pm 

Pic of my car

Attachments:
File comment: Pic of mats and sill
1932.jpg
1932.jpg [ 60.15 KiB | Viewed 6154 times ]
021.JPG
021.JPG [ 73.31 KiB | Viewed 6154 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:05 pm 

Yay I can post pics
Thanks Steve!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:32 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Terrific! :btu:

It takes some time to master the photo downloading feature of this website but once you do it often enough it is pretty easy.
The stainless steel sills look great on your car and helped my wife "picture" how they would look in my car. The American Muscle catalog photos are not very good. Once I have mine installed I'll photograph them and send them to American Muscle to use on their website.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:27 pm 

I love American Muscle they r my go to site for my after market parts for my car. :3gears:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:27 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Of all the suppliers who sell Mustang aftermarket products I believe that American Muscle has to be considered one of the best. They're no shipping charge policy is a very good business move as it separates them from their competition. Their very fast delivery service is also a welcome change too.

Since I started using them in 2008 this is the first time that I've ever run into an item that was out of stock!

With the weather still cold and damp I can wait a couple of weeks to get my new MUSTANG sills.

I'm assuming that you received the photos that I sent to you from the St. Patrick's Day Parade? If so than use them along with an introduction of you and Rich and your car for Readers Rides and send them to Adam Stark, editor of the Stampede.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:39 am 

I did receive the pics thank you so much for sending them to me. :btu: How do I send the pics and info to Adam? If its through email do you have his email address?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:55 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Lauren,

Adam Starks email address is: mbelleb17@aol.com

I believe he also posts this in the Stampede Newsletter. Yes, you can just email him the pictures along with a bio of you and Rich and your car. That the time to tell the whole club how much your car means to you! :btu:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:34 pm 

Thanks Steve!!!!! :btu:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:29 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Just received an email from American Muscle indicating that the Stainless Steel Sill Plates should be shipping to me soon. They indicated that I will receive another email once the plates have shipped. This item has been on backorder for awhile now so they probably have a number of people waiting for these sill plates. :banana:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:57 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I have received my Stainless Steel Sill Plates from American Muscle and while it looks like an easy installation I have asked Bob to install them for me as my back and knees just won't allow me to be kneeling and bending too much.

Besides Bob has additional double sided tape to add to the two small strips that come with the sill plates. I'll be taking some photos of the before and after to show just how much these Stainless Steel Sill Plates change the appearance of the car. :btu:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:26 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Bob Thompson installed my new Stainless Steel Sill Plates on my car on Easter Monday before tackling John's 72' Mustang convertibles automatic transmission.

I'm glad he decided to do my car first because it only took about 20 minutes where we spent the whole day working on John's transmission leak. But Bob found the cause of the leak and now the car is leak free!

Anyway here are some photos of my car with the new sill plates installed. They make an immediate impact on anyone seeing them as you open the doors. They really dress up the cars interior and give it that "Premium" look.

Bob was impressed with the fit and finish of the new sills as they fit in exactly where the plain plastic strip was located. He added additional double sided tape as the sills only came with two small strips of double sided tape at each end of the sill plate. This was noted by many of the people who purchased these from American Muscle so we took their advise and added the additional double sided tape to ensure a tight fit.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

Attachments:
DSC_7207 (640x428).jpg
DSC_7207 (640x428).jpg [ 211.7 KiB | Viewed 6103 times ]
DSC_7206 (640x428).jpg
DSC_7206 (640x428).jpg [ 229.6 KiB | Viewed 6103 times ]
DSC_7198 (640x428).jpg
DSC_7198 (640x428).jpg [ 193.54 KiB | Viewed 6103 times ]
DSC_7197 (640x428).jpg
DSC_7197 (640x428).jpg [ 190.88 KiB | Viewed 6103 times ]
DSC_7185 (640x428).jpg