[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: new bulbs...need some i think..
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:52 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Whatever bulbs came with these headlights they are not very powerful at all. That's why I am considering upgrading to the silverlight bulbs. Now these are supposedly Hallogen light bulbs but they are not as bright as I would like them. The low beams are nearly inadequate and the high beams, while giving out more light are not so bright as to have people flashing me to use my low beams.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:50 pm 

ok I see what you are saying,I guess you can purchase those lights and if they aren't to your liking then you can return them, but I think you're gonna like them.

:usaflag:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:48 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

The headlights are not my top priority right now anyway. After our Christmas party a couple of weeks ago I had a "Service Engine Soon" light come on a couple of miles from the school. :angry:

I had Bob Thompson check it out and the code was for an intake manifold leak. When Bob tried to find the leak the car was warmed up so the leak wasn't present. He reset the check engine light but a few days ago it came back on so it looks like I need a new intake manifold. Bob will work on this later this week so the lights will have to wait a while longer. :rolleyes:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:27 am 

I have a possible trouble shooting technique I'll share: Ether! spray it around the intake area and when the engine rpm's increase due to the ether you'll find the leak. Since it is cold you'll pop a lean code and I have had the same thing on my 02 F-150. This is a costly fix and I guess you have some options on replacement parts to eliminate that nuisance.

:grinking:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:12 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

After Bob pulled the code he did indeed spray around the intake manifold but since the engine was warm he couldn't find the leak. He will be replacing the intake manifold gasket this week and yes it will require a lot of work to get the intake off the car just to put in a new gasket but it has to be done one way or another.

I'm a preventive maintenance advocate for the most part but I also try not to procrastinate when I need something fixed.
Hopefully this spring I will be in a position to purchase a 2006 or newer Mustang as I really like their styling so I need to have my car in it's best condition to sell it privately. My car is pretty much a turnkey bargain for anyone looking for a sporty little Mustang.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:04 pm 

ok...couple night drives in the books.Definately can see improvement in width..maybe a touch on the brightness and distance..and new cover works like a charm..Kept all the snow off Mr. Sonic :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:36 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:57 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

A quick follow up with the Check Engine Light problem I ahve been having with my car. I took the car to Bob's garage with the idea of having the entire intake manifold pulled in order to replace the gasket which we believed was leaking. Before starting that job Bob pulled the rubber hose attached to my cold air intake which had visible cracks near the hose clamp. Once it was removed we noticed that the entire end of the hose was cracked and split so that a lot of air was leaking.

Bob suggested that this was the cause of my Check Engine Light problem and replaced the damaged hose with an oil resistant hose which should eliminate the problem. He reset the computer and I did have a radiator service done as it was needed anyway. We're pretty confident that this will solve the problem! It's a lot less work and lot less money to repair! :btu:

Now that I won't be spending a ton of money to have the intake manifold gasket replaced I can look into the brighter light bulbs.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:42 pm 

Sweet it is good when it is less of a deal than we thunk it was.
:banana2:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:32 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer