[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just Ordered New Hood Struts
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:05 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I'm getting tired of using my hood prop to hold open the hood on my 2002 Mustang. I just ordered a set of Gas Hood Struts from American Muscle to replace my old hood prop.

Once I receive the new hood struts I'll take before and after photos of the project.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

Post subject: Re: Just Ordered New Hood Struts
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:37 pm 

I put a set on my 03 Cobra last spring from MRT, that required "NO" drilling. They used the factory installed hood/fender hardware. I did get them powder coated first to match the body color. Install was a breeze, about 30 min. tops. You're going to love not dealing with the prop rod anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:21 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I can't wait to get them put on my car! This seems like an easy project even for a guy with back issues. It will ultimately beat dealing with the factory hood prop! :btu:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:02 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

With all of the problems I had been having with my back for the past year and a half it's been difficult for me follow up on this thread. But now that my surgery is over and I can once again work on my cars I finally remembered to take a few photos of the new hood struts that I purchased from American Muscle and Bob Thompson installed for me.

As I get my car ready for the Bob Davidson car show I will probably take a few more close up photos of the hood struts. I especially like the way that these struts lift the hood by themselves once you release the hood lock.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

Attachments:
DSC_4980 (640x428).jpg
DSC_4980 (640x428).jpg [ 268.71 KiB | Viewed 6003 times ]
DSC_4978 (640x428).jpg
DSC_4978 (640x428).jpg [ 253.73 KiB | Viewed 6003 times ]
DSC_4977 (640x428).jpg
DSC_4977 (640x428).jpg [ 252.09 KiB | Viewed 6003 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:05 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Some addtional photos of my car.

Midnight Blue

Attachments:
DSC_4981 (640x428).jpg
DSC_4981 (640x428).jpg [ 257.92 KiB | Viewed 6003 times ]
DSC_4982 (640x428).jpg
DSC_4982 (640x428).jpg [ 234.32 KiB | Viewed 6003 times ]
DSC_4979 (640x428).jpg
DSC_4979 (640x428).jpg [ 266.95 KiB | Viewed 6003 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:41 pm 

nice looking buggie you have :btu:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:58 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Attachments:
DSC_4985 (640x428).jpg
DSC_4985 (640x428).jpg [ 267.9 KiB | Viewed 6002 times ]
DSC_4984 (640x428).jpg
DSC_4984 (640x428).jpg [ 247.52 KiB | Viewed 6002 times ]
DSC_4983 (640x428).jpg
DSC_4983 (640x428).jpg [ 272.85 KiB | Viewed 6002 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:48 am 

Well what stuck out in my head is the white faced gauge cluster, peddles, and rims. Next is the color of the interior and the deep dark color.

For me I am 6'4" and the console was really tight for me because my right knee was stuck in one position and it was hard to get comfortable. I was really torn with that and I really liked a 04 and it was what I thought I wanted at the time. When I came across my 90 it was like a glove for me because the console was lower and my knee had room to move into a more comfortable position. I know that the more modern car like yours has some functionality with that "intrusive" center console; just look at NASCAR for example! Keeps the body in place if an accident where to happen? It is easier to sell to the 50% percent body size over someone like me in the 95% percent body size even though I am around 210 pounds it is what it is.

I am happy for you and what you've learned about your car over the time you have had it. :burnout:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:09 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

You should have seen the car when I first bought it! The paint was faded and the cloth seats had burn holes from loose cigarette ash. The motor while clean was oxidized and looked dreary. The car had three different style wheels and the back two tires were snow tires from different manufacturers. The door on the passenger side had been sloppily repaired from a sideswipe and there were numerous deep scratches all over the car. The headlights were frosted from the inside so night visiblity was very poor. :yikes:

I spent a lot of time sorting out the cosmetic fixes like getting four wheels that matched, detailing the engine, polishing and waxing the car to make it look presentable, replacing the headlights, and finally having the bodywork and painting done in 2010. When I went to pick up the car from MAACO it was outside in the shade and looked black! Once it was in the sun I noticed how dark the blue color was. Dan the manager said that this is what it looked like when it was new and that I had been looking at eight years of fading. The color is called True Blue. :btu:

Being 5'9", I should be taller but I have scoliosis, and 200 lbs. of mostly muscle, I fit in the car pretty well. I do have to move the drivers seat back when I get into the car and leave the car do to my limited flexibility, but once I'm in I'm comfortable.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

Now that I'm retired I do not put many miles on the car so it is easier to maintain. Now that my back is improving since my surgery I can polish and wax it more often.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:51 pm 

So was it a women or a young person on a budget that originally owned it before you? Sometimes it is easy to tell how the previous owner was by the car they driver and its condition. I am glad you have it looking right and it does look real good and I am pretty conservative on my cars.

I maybe coming back to the world in about a month for a conference over at APL and I may be taking some time off and I can get my car going and drive it a few miles and take some pictures to share.

BTW I like the red caliper paint too!

Attachments:
90_Mustang_1@.jpg
90_Mustang_1@.jpg [ 76.38 KiB | Viewed 5997 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:32 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I like the sporty, clean traditional look of the 1999-2004 Mustang, especially with the rear wing. I've always liked the 5 spoke Cobra R wheels on the Mustang too. I get a lot of thumbs up from people at stop lights and on the road.

Your 1990 Mustang Convertible is sharp looking too! I had a 1980 Mustang that I "upgraded" with wire wheel covers, headlight covers, and some other cosmetic upgrades. The car was a cinnamin brown color with metal flake finish that really looked rich.

My brother Alan is the one to thank for the red brake calipers. He has a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse show car with a highly detailed engine compartment and a ton of trick lights all over and under the car. He always painted his brake calipers so I took his advise and painted mine.

I just wanted to separate my car from the run of the mill stock Mustangs on the road today. I really enjoy detailing cars and you might enjoy going to the detailing section on this forum to see some of the things i have done to my cars and those of others.

Two years ago when I went to the Ford Nationals at Carlisle, I had to park close to the infield area as I had to limit my walking and had parked right next to brand new 2010 Mustangs. You cannot believe all of the compliments I received from the crowd as they inspected my car next to brand new cars!

I try not to go to far overboard on my upgrades as I want the car to appear almost stock but better!

Let us know when you come in and maybe we can get together for a coffee or a beer! :clinkmugs:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:07 am 

I've got the Redline hood strut kit sitting here waiting for my 2010.

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:15 am 

yes detail work is a labor of love to me and when I have the energy I do a good job, except I never use anything on the tires except simple green to keep the road funk off and that goes for all my cars I own. I thonk I'd like to maybe get rear wheel disk kit for my car and upgrade the front rotors to slots to give it a more authority. My next set of tires will have white raised letters because I like that look and always have. I am pretty simple outside of getting my windows tinted by the right person with the right attitude so it lasts for a long time.

Attachments:
90_Mustang.jpg
90_Mustang.jpg [ 157.93 KiB | Viewed 5989 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:37 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:42 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:28 pm 

looks good...I might get some too..now you need some springs on that ride :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:33 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer