[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Smoked or Original Headlights? What is your opinion?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:43 pm 

ImageImageImageImage

Post subject: Re: Smoked or Original Headlights? What is your opinion?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:51 pm 

The stockers are a lil smoked already, I like the factory one!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:41 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Way back in 1980 I bought a brand new Mustang. It came with a 4 cylinder engine & a 4 speed transmission.

At that time I wanted the smoked headlights and they offered smoked covers for the headlights. It looked cool but in reality it wasn't really practical as it cut down on the available light coming from your headlights making it difficult to see well at night. I finally had to take them off.

Maybe its just me but I want as much usable light coming from my headlights. My original headlights on my 2002 Mustang which I purchased in 2008 were so bad from condensation inside the headlight itself that new lights were installed. Now I have a more modern look and considerably more light on the road.

I'm surprised that the darkened headlights aren't illegal. They have to affect how much light is available for safe driving at night.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

Attachments:
Image519.jpg
Image519.jpg [ 116.9 KiB | Viewed 5867 times ]

Last edited by Red Baron on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:43 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Here are two more pictures of the replacement lights I have on my 2002 Mustang.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

Attachments:
Image513.jpg
Image513.jpg [ 121.71 KiB | Viewed 5867 times ]
Image512.jpg
Image512.jpg [ 108.77 KiB | Viewed 5867 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:15 pm 

Thanks for the input. I will keep the original ones!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:08 am 

I agree. The orginals are smoked just enough. I love the stockers on my 2001. Plus you don't want to have to pull yourself over for having smoked headlights do you? LOL!

by , on Flickr
Some people are like Slinkys. They have no purpose, but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:46 pm 

and i thought mine were dark... haha but im using 55w 6000k hids to see through the smoked lens

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:13 pm 

I got the 10000k HID, they are clear white, but they get really hot. Already burned a set of fog lights casing!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:17 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:06 pm 

Correction, I got the 6000k, I can't stand the blue lights!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:02 am 
Past President
Past President

Smoked! :goodmod:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:29 pm 

original equipment look!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:13 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:20 pm 

I beg to differ. My new headlights make the stockers look like complete trash hahaha

Old Stockers-BLAH

New ones- Smoked with Clear sides

You can see how bad I let my car get at one point before I brought it back from the dead. I almost sold it but didn't. I'm so glad I didn't too. I love this thing. Anyway, I love the new headlights over the stock ones. Prolly mostly to do with the stockers having the last bit of color on my car. Now it's perfect.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:09 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

While the smoked look is appealing from an artistic nad styling point of view keep in mind that the purpose of the headlights are to help you see at night when it is dark outside.

In addition to my new lights I'm actually considering adding driving lights to give me additional lighting power for night driving. Living in Baltimore County near Carroll County I so a lot of driving on back roads which are not too well lit. Maybe it's just me but I would prefer function over style when it comes to safety.

Attachments:
DSC_6363 (640x428).jpg
DSC_6363 (640x428).jpg [ 261.14 KiB | Viewed 5618 times ]
DSC_6310 (640x428).jpg
DSC_6310 (640x428).jpg [ 262.46 KiB | Viewed 5618 times ]
DSC_6304 (640x428).jpg
DSC_6304 (640x428).jpg [ 234.04 KiB | Viewed 5618 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:25 am 
Vice President
Vice President

AIM: levijwardell
Twitter: