[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pricing my mustang... (not a sales ad)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:01 pm 
This is not a sales ad! I just need opinions.
It’s time for me to part ways with my 96 Mustang Gt. My plan was to keep it until I could restore it but it took a little longer than I planned to finish undergrad. I really, really don’t want to sell this car. I just don’t have the money to restore it like it deserves, especially since I’m going back to school.
Details:
1996 Mustang GT
Convertible
4.6L Automatic
Leather interior
322,000 miles, original engine. (Yup).
Almost all highway miles from me and the previous owner (my uncle).
My ex-boyfriend and my uncle are car mechanics so it’s always had scheduled maintenance by trusted professionals.
Recent work includes: brand new top, battery, alternator, front rims, fan, rear pads and rotors. The intake system was replaced about 3 years ago and the transmission was replaced 3 years ago. I’m also having the struts replaced this weekend.

It’s such a beautiful car, and incredibly reliable.
I just don’t know what to ask for it. I have had 2 separate people express interest and both of them told me to make an offer. I’m just not sure what number to toss out. Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:07 pm 
Past President
Past President

Can you post some pics?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:53 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Hello color of envy 96,

Pricing your car will take a bit of research and depend on the current condition of the car. While it sounds like you have maintained the vehicle through proper servicing a potential buyer will also be looking at what may need to be replaced.

With 322,000 miles on the car a lot of the suspension, powertrain and wear items may need to be repaired or replaced.

How is the body? Any accidents, dents, scratches, faded paint? Will it pass state inspection? How about the leather interior, any cuts, tears, rips or fading?

On the plus side, you do have a desirable car, a 1996 Mustang GT convertible. Pictures would be a great help. What color is the car? Has the paint faded? Color has a lot to do with the impulse to want a certain car.

This kind of car is worth more than a standard 1996 Ford because it is a Mustang and has a huge following of enthusiasts.

A good presentation will help sell this car. You can also check out Auto Trader.com to see what other similar cars are being offered at. The high mileage may turn some people off while others will realize that these are road miles and have not adversely affected the car.

I'd like to give you a selling price range but quite frankly without seeing the car it would only be speculation and guessing.

If we can have more information then maybe we could offer you a better idea of what price range your car should be selling at.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:28 am 
Thanks for the replies! I had to get my sister’s camera to take more recent pictures.
The driver’s seat does have rips in the leather. The passenger’s and back seats are fine.
There is a small dent on the right front fender; hopefully you all can see it in the pictures, from a pole in a parking lot. I was told that it would be best to replace the entire fender. It wasn’t a hard impact- I had just put the car in drive (which is why I maintain that the pole jumped in my way, but whatever :)
I also had an accident on 83- someone hit me in the back. I will have to check the papers to see exactly what was repaired because it was about 5 years ago.
It is Maryland inspected and has passed the Emission test.
It’s green with a tan top. The paint is pretty good because I had a garage where I used to live so I could keep the car out of the snow and salt during the winter.
I’m not sure what else goes into suspension but the struts are being replaced today. I may also have the ball joints replaced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:03 pm 
Here are pictures
Okat the first ones were way too big so I resized them.

Attachments:
IMG_0333.JPG
IMG_0333.JPG [ 263.09 KiB | Viewed 3931 times ]
IMG_0343.JPG
IMG_0343.JPG [ 294.38 KiB | Viewed 3931 times ]
IMG_0340.JPG
IMG_0340.JPG [ 237.3 KiB | Viewed 3931 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:39 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:25 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:51 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:42 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Color of envy,

How about an update? Were you able to sell your car? Did you buy another car? Were you satisfied that the newer car was well maintained?

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian :confused2: