[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where's our Fox Body Friends?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:59 pm 

Post subject: Re: Where's our Fox Body Friends?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:37 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:29 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:18 pm 

I have a 89 LX, which now looks like a 93 Cobra. I bought my car right after I graduated from high school on July 4th, 1996. Was my daily driver for 4 years before I took it of the road for two years for new drivetrain and interior. I think the 5.0L fox mustang revived the mustang and jump started it into the 1990s and we all see how many 1994-2004 models are on the road, there everywhere. I love the styling of the fox body and how almost everything is interchangable. They are also easy to work on, changing plugs are a breeze. Some cars you can't even see the plugs. The downside is they are getting old and as I look at newer models(94up)the fox is like a low option muscle car, I guess thats what made the fox cars so great, they were cheap and fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:10 pm 

Hi everybody, just registered here. I have a 90 GT Hatch thats about to go udner the knife this summer for a AOD-T5 swap :)

15x8 & 15x3.5 Draglites, Cold Air Intake, Flowmasters, 70mm MAF. Almost ready for T5 swap :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:40 pm 

Welcome!!!! Nice GT. Glad to see another fox body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:46 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:16 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:55 pm 
I love both of my foxes cheap easy and they are always ready to go!
I have a 1983 and an 87 hatch. The 87 caught fire because of the alternator but other than that never had a complaint from either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:33 pm 
New member, great to be aboard! Had a 93 in the past, just purchased triple white feature 93. In the process of inspected. I have always been a fan of the fox body. Not too many dislikes, tranny is "lanky", no place for the morning coffee! The likes...just an overall beautiful car. Maybe its just me, but their is something mystique about a fox body with 5 stars.
The 302 is great little powerhouse, and once you bolt on the off road and flows....its a beautiful sound. I myself like the stock look, once the welds and cow hoods are installed, I think they loose their beauty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:12 pm 

Post subject: we got 2
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:28 pm 
the best thing is the availability of parts, the worst is the damn seats, they break easily and if you are 6ft tall or taller you are pretty crampped

Post subject: The Fox-3
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:28 pm 
I agree with the other posts here. The biggest dislikes stem from the good points - inexpensive and light. The stock chassis is a flexible flyer. In 1997, when I had decided to keep my O.O. 1986, I had subframe connectors installed. During that, we discovered a crack in the transmission tunnel, and the car still had the stock 200 hp motor. Guys who hopped these up in the late '80s would pop the windshield out at the 1/4 mile track starting line.

The answer is to support the chassis to the max. These mods are not very expensive, compared to having to junk the car. Mine has Kenny Brown parts, super-sub connectors, jacking rails, matrix braces, upper and lower front strut tower braces, rear shock tower brace. They make the chassis much more rigid, have a tremendous positive effect on steering response, etc. I added the Trac-Kit in the rear, which consists of a panhard rod and relocation of the control arm mounting points. This eliminates brake dive, acceleration lift, and keeps the rear behaving in a predictable way.

As a testament to the value of these mods, in January I was rear-ended by a (horrors) F-150. A stock car might have been totalled. I suffered a little over $1000 damage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:06 am 

Bump!

Mustang Club of Maryland
Special Service Mustang Owner's Association
Bad Pony Club---Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:31 am 
I love the fact that you do not see too many of them around anymore. When you do see one, it is a great conversation opener. My one dislike is the difficulty getting parts other than the internet. As with any car in that age group, things do breakdown and need fixed or replaced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:09 pm 
Past President
Past President

I love mine!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:57 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 4:07 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:32 pm 
Probably need to write a book on this issue, but the major shortcomings are the brakes, uni-body (unless you keep the stock power-train, and T-5.

Still love the body style and parts availability. My first car was a 1979 that came stock with a 302 4 speed. Also owned a 83 convertible, 88 and 90 GT, and currently a built from the ground up 88 LX coupe.

Attachments:
IMG_1461.JPG
IMG_1461.JPG [ 4.6 MiB | Viewed 7699 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:35 pm 

Some of you may know, some may not. Last year I found an original owner factory ordered 1986 GT. Black in color, sunroof, power windows and locks, grey cloth interior, and 208,000 miles on the ticker! Brian Sams was instrumental in the buying process, as he tried desperately to find fault with the car. No luck there! I got lucky. It was in need of a rear diff pinion seal. So I pulled the rear out, rebuilt it, and threw it back together with new steeda control arms and sway bar. The original owner had already done lowering springs ala BBK. Anyway, not to bore everyone to tears, it has ALL the documentation from new! I will try to show it at the Bob Davidson show, although it will be as a work in progress. It was bought from there, and I figured it would be cool to take it back after all these years. Who knows, maybe the salesman who sold it originally still works there?
I love all Mustangs, and my plan is to own one from every ten years. I have 1986, and 2006 covered... any leads on 1966, 1976, 1996? That should be about right to have one from every iteration of the platforms sans new edge, but they are not so disimilar from SN-95s. One day, pictures won't be such a challenge for me, and I will post some.