[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1990 colors or certain pieces
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:56 am 

So I have to ask where I can find out specifically if the following 3 items are supposed to be black
Side mirrors, Door handles, vent between windscreen and hood. Are these items painted black or are they just black plastic?

thanks

Post subject: Re: 1990 colors or certain pieces
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:38 am 
Past President
Past President

They're just black plastic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:10 pm 

Thank you Bob; as now I can put on my new mirrors and then I'll get my handles put on and my car will start looking more like it was supposed to.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:23 am 

They do fade over the years. With all my foxes, I did repaint them at one time. I also found over the years, Walmart (yes Walmart) rust tough semi flat black, inexpensive and lasted well. The so called trim black paints faded in around a year... If you're replacing handles get the metal ones. They do have both out there on the repop market. IIRC, 90 or so was when they went to the plastic ones... I know my SVO had metal, and the 93 had plastic. Can't remember if my 92 or 90 had plastic... For the mirrors, is this on the 'vert in your avatar? I think at one time they started painting them body color. I kinda preferred them that way as the mirrors were different than the hard top ones. Mounted on the side of the door instead of the area where the a pillar met the door frame on the hardtop.

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:29 pm 

I've gotten kind of lazy over time and I guess I attribute it to the fact I had to start working at age 12 and have been on the clock every since. I just want to bolt on and or plug and play and I get tired of having to fix mistakes and or lazy people's slack! So I ordered a door handle kit from Late model restor and actually I was bent because one of the handles had a paint flaw and QC didn't care or just didn't catch it. Never mind that it was manufactured in China. So I sent a picture of the handle back and was sent another one so I have two pax side handles. I have posted what the handle looks like and actually it is a simple sand and paint over deal and again I just hate having to expend additional man hours to these kinds of things as I ain't getting any younger. When I was a kid these kinds of deals were good for me to experience as I learned and I could appreciate the labor and the rewards ect.

Thanks for the insight on the paint, although I am considering maybe clear coating these items as a means to help prevent fading and kind of brightening then up. Any thoughts?

Attachments:
Handle_2.jpg
Handle_2.jpg [ 59.9 KiB | Viewed 4209 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:04 pm 

I got the metal ones too. :btu:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:10 pm 

I'm thinking about spraying some clear on these black pieces as it might limit the UV's and slow down the fade game.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:34 pm 

Find matte or satin clear, to keep the trim matching.

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:08 pm