[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Heater core replacement, WHAT A PAIN!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:38 pm 

I replaced the heater core in the stang by myself, had no intentions of doing it alone, but after 2 friends jumped out of helping after I had flushed the system and removed the dash I decided to just get it done. Having never done this before I dreaded this, hearing all the horror stories of pulling the dash and everything out. Took about 7 hours over 3 days to do, I have no money to pay anyone so it helps being able to work on my own cars, as much of you know and have experienced. A load of screws later its all put back together, I don't want to ever do this again.

Post subject: Re: Heater core replacement, WHAT A PAIN!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:51 am 
Past President
Past President

Sounds like a typical heater core job. They suck! Good job though! :thumbsup2:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:55 pm 

BTW that was something Bob and I spoke about and having no real concept of the repair and what it entails I hope I am not going to be seeing that anytime soon.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:25 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:50 pm 

I have a descriptive word for engineers who screw up a good design and since this is a family site I'll just you all use your own imaginations on that special word.
I've R&R the heater core before in other vehicles and it is never fun or thrilling but like you said it is a necessary requirement.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:16 pm 

The great engineers at Dodge years ago when the Intrepid came out, to replace the battery, you must remove the front wheel and then the splash shield to just get to the battery, let alone pull it out and put a new one in, whose great idea was that?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:09 pm 

Actually you make a great point: See when you are looking at a car platform you mitigate things either out or in. So how do you keep technical types working? You put stuff in obscure places and or make it such a pain in the arse that you have to take to technical types. Part of these things may be considered safety concerns like battery acid for example. So hiding the battery might prevent joe fixer from getting burnt or injured because of the weight and chemicals. Sounds lame but look at legal issues that could arise from a battery mishap. I made it as all consideration. alsop it might be part of the weight and balance of the car and for lateral CG's with the lowering of the battery; although I can't see that as valid but in racing it might be a factor. And it is stuff like this that keeps me employed in my specific field that I am currently in.

Ok back to reality :yikes:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:47 pm 

Another question? Why didn't ford carry over the SVO 4 wheels disc brake setup on the 87-93 models? I know, I know, the bean counters got involved, but that would have been awesome!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:40 am 
Past President
Past President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:06 pm 

sustainment cost and or weight of the system as the lighter and cheaper the better on the backend of the supply chain.....Just thinking cuz if you had the badest car out on the road with the best overall set up you'd put the other guys at a disadvantage and costs overall would go sky high.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:27 pm 

Someone needs to win the Powerball and buy everyone in the club 2015 Mustangs when they come out!!
:thumbsup1: :thumbsup1: :thumbsup1: :thumbsup1: :thumbsup1: