Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Engine Mod Question
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:29 pm 

So I just had BobT do my gears/axles and I decided that I'm probably just going to leave the engine alone because of its high mileage. I think with the gears/exhaust and everything working correctly it will be fast enough for what I plan to do with it, which is mostly just normal driving. However, I was planning on replacing the fuel injectors and will obviously have to pull the intake to do so. Do you guys think it would be worth getting maybe an Explorer upper/lower intake and sizing up the TB/MAF as well with everything else staying stock? Or would the gains not really be noticeable to be worth the cost? Because of the high miles I'd rather just leave the heads and such alone since the car runs just fine now (aside from a bad brake booster) and I'd rather have a running car than one that I'd constantly have to fix one thing after another because I upgraded the heads, for example.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Engine Mod Question
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:43 am 
Past President
Past President

GT-40 intake (Explorer), 65mm throttle body, 23lb injectors and a C&L MASS air with a 23lb tube. Those are a combination that I know work well together. They wont take away the streetablity but will give you HP gains. Increase the air you must increase the fuel. Increase the fuel you must increase the air. You cant do one without the other. Your on the right track. Keep your old parts in case you want to go back to stock.

Post subject: Re: Engine Mod Question
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:13 am 

Thanks Bob!