Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pony Interior Questions
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:12 pm 

Hello fellow members, I am new to the club, about a month now and attended the Meeting in Westminster. I have a 1965 Coupe that was Spring Time Yellow. Body work and Paint near complete and will now be Caspian Blue. I also decided to switch the interior from Palomino to Matching blue as well. (Yes, I know this is not a normal interior color, for that year").

So here are my questions. The previous owner started the conversion from standard to pony interior. As I am going to replace the interior parts (non-painted) with White I am confused on what really makes up the pony interior. I got most of the info needed, my area of question is the kick panels and qtr panels. Some sites say the pony used carpert for there kick panels and qtr panels while others don't. Also, when you get the kick and atr panels do they come with the little strip that goes with them. I can't seem to find that part anywhere.

What's the correct approach, even though my Caspian Blue Interior/Exterior with White Soft trim is not to 1965 standards, I like to at least keep the pony interior components correct.

Also, anyone know where I can find a "Dark" blue for the dash pad, everything I find is light blue, and White is not an option. Don't think the light blue will work well with the Caspian blue interior. Any suggestions would be great.

Thank you

Post subject: Re: Pony Interior Questions
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:23 am 
President
President

Welcome to the club! You may be able to find what you're looking for at www.cjponyparts.com or www.latemodelrestoration.com

I will be happy to give you a discount code for each if you send me a private message.

James

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies