[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 Post subject: Re: 68 Mustang Fastback restorations, my sons 1st car.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:25 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Thanks for the update on the Hot Rod Power Tour Pat. This is one event that should be on your bucket list. The black and white photos really blew me away! I thought that I was reading an article from back in the 60's again! :btu:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:40 pm 

Sweet pictures from the Powertour! :btu:

by , on Flickr
Some people are like Slinkys. They have no purpose, but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:02 pm 

To shorten the longest leg of the tour (over 300 miles) I booked a hotel about 80 miles east in the town of Murphy. The ride to Murphy was the most scenic of the tour!

We averaged about 18 mpg on the tour and did not burn a drop of oil over the 1900 miles

Just coming into the town of Murphy NC we thought the car wash was called Fastback’s and was about to stop, but it was called Fatback’s

Also coming into town we saw “Eat at Doyle’s” sign and it was one of the best dinners we had on the tour!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:22 pm 

On the last day of the tour we made a planed stop at the Wheels Through Time museum in Maggie Valley NC

The last 2 picture are of a bike and car once owned by Steve McQueen

Great museum with 320 motorcycles & cars with most of them un-restored and all of them running and they start them up if you ask them! This a must stop if you are at the end of the Blue Ridge Pkwy!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:49 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Just goes to prove that when you take the time to build it right it will run right! :btu:

Looks like you guys had a really exciting trip! A good diner makes a meal memorable too. :banana:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:06 pm 

The last stop on the tour was just north of Charlotte NC at the ZMax speedway

Hot Rod set up a Guinness world record burn out with 73 cars

Saturday we went back to the ZMax speedway for the Long Hauler photo. The last picture is of all the cars that made every leg of the tour.

After the Long Haulers photo we hit the road for home but as we would drive through Richmond VA I called the 2nd owner of Kurt’s car who lives in Richmond and set a meeting to show him the car that he bought in 1970 and sold in 1986. Below are some then and now pictures

It was a great tour and at the beginning we all hoped for good weather, no mechanical problems and most importantly no accidents. We got our whish and along the way had a awesome time and made some great memories
Thanks!
Pat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:40 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Hey Pat, do you know if Hot Rod is planning to do a TV Show documenting the tour? I believe that I saw one of the tours on the Speed Channel or Velocity as part of a Hot Rod TV Production.

Did they mention anything about this to the people participating in the power Tour?

By the way are you and Kurt planning to come to the Century Ford Show next Saturday at Century Ford in Mt. Airy? It's an all Ford Show and every one in the club would love to see Kurt's car in person.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:19 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:59 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I hope that you can make the show Pat. I'd like to meet you in person and take some photos for the club's website. I'll be the guy limping around carrying a camera! :banana2:

Since my back surgery last year I can walk around now without back pain although I walk with a limp because of my scoliosis and spinal stenosis. Oh well, it's better than not being able to walk around! :btu:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:05 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

It was nice meeting you in person Pat. I guess that you found me based on my description! By the time that you and I met I had been working since 8:30 am detailing cars for the show. I had saved a spot for my friend Dirk so that we could work on his car to get it ready for the show.

Between detailing and taking pictures for the show my back was pretty tired as I noticed when I saw pictures of me all bent over as I walked a round the car show.

I was glad to meet and talk with you and take some photos of Kurt's car. Congratulations on winning the President's Award!
That's high praise for any entrant in our car shows. Good luck with your Dodge Charger restoration! :btu:

Here are some of the photos I took of you and Kurt's car.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

Attachments:
DSC_9032 (640x428).jpg
DSC_9032 (640x428).jpg [ 250.21 KiB | Viewed 6222 times ]
DSC_9033 (640x428).jpg
DSC_9033 (640x428).jpg [ 242.58 KiB | Viewed 6222 times ]
DSC_9034 (640x428).jpg
DSC_9034 (640x428).jpg [ 286.7 KiB | Viewed 6222 times ]
DSC_9035 (640x428).jpg
DSC_9035 (640x428).jpg [ 245.95 KiB | Viewed 6222 times ]
DSC_9036 (640x428).jpg
DSC_9036 (640x428).jpg [ 239.11 KiB | Viewed 6222 times ]
DSC_9037 (640x428).jpg
DSC_9037 (640x428).jpg [ 242.69 KiB | Viewed 6222 times ]
DSC_9038 (640x428).jpg
DSC_9038 (640x428).jpg [ 261.55 KiB | Viewed 6222 times ]
DSC_9039 (640x428).jpg
DSC_9039 (640x428).jpg [ 220.43 KiB | Viewed 6222 times ]
DSC_9062 (640x428).jpg
DSC_9062 (640x428).jpg [ 222.01 KiB | Viewed 6222 times ]
DSC_9063 (640x428).jpg
DSC_9063 (640x428).jpg [ 228.1 KiB | Viewed 6222 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:30 pm 

Steve,
Great day and show! and it was awesome Kurt's car got the Presidents Award! Nice meeting you the others and thanks for posting the pictures! Hopefully next show Kurt will be off work?
Thanks
Pat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:43 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Thanks Pat. Our next show is scheduled for Saturday, September 21, 2013 at Marama Farms in Clarksville, MD. MCOM is hosting a car show in conjunction with the Howard County Community Center called "Horse Power and Horse Shoes". The car show which is open to all makes and models also includes an equestrian show.

It would be awesome if Kurt could be there with his car! :btu:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:07 pm 

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:29 pm 

First big car show of the year (about 300 cars) and Kurt’s Mustang won best muscle car and my Trans Am got a top 40. His mother and I drove the cars to the local show on the Bay as Kurt is out of state.

It is a bummer Kurt is so far away for school, still not used to him being away from home :-(
Thanks!
Pat

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:51 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Congratulations Pat on the great showing at this car show! :btu:

It's too bad Kurt couldn't be there with you to share the glory as his car stole the show! All in all not a bad days effort for you're family!

The Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:36 pm 

Absolutely beautiful work! That type of project takes major dedication.

~inspire excellence.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:18 pm 

Kurt’s new daily driver!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:49 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Wow! That's some Christmas Present!!! :banana:

The Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19