[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: 68 Mustang Fastback restorations, my sons 1st car.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:41 am 

Wooohoooo!! Been watching this thread since the beginning and it looks great! He will have a lot of great memories with that Mustang. :btu:

by , on Flickr
Some people are like Slinkys. They have no purpose, but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:03 pm 

My Hat's off to both of you for the great job restoring the car and also for the great documentary of the build. :banana2:
Now enjoy the cruzing. :3gears:
Can't wait to see it in person.
Jim

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:25 am 

The rocker molding are painted and installed so the car looks complete on the outside.

We fit the rocker molding 1st then remove the anodizing, primed, and painted the moldings.

Next we will put her on the lift to align the front end and button up a few things under the car.
Thanks!
Pat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:06 pm 

We put the mustang on the lift so we could finish a few things and align the frontend.

I like the on top even if it only has ½ the HP
Thanks!
Pat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:47 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

This has been a very educational and insightful restoration project Pat. Both you and Kurt should really feel satisfied with the way things turned out. Kurt has a one of one special car that I'm sure he will cherish for a long time.

It's also very nice to have access to such a wonderful garage, paint booth and the multitute of specialty tools needed to do this restoration properly. I has been a privelege to watch this project over the past couple of years! :btu:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:26 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:37 pm 

Today we received the May issue of Hot Rod and unknown to us Hot Rod did a two page write up on Kurt’s Bullitt build. They used my thread on the Hot Rod forum for the time line article in the Wrenchin @ Random section of the magazine. It was an AWESOME surprise and great seeing our backyard garage build on the pages of Hot Rod. Thank You Hot Rod & Brandan Gillogly!
Pat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:12 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Good for you and Kurt! :btu:

I'm sure that Hot Rod Magazine loves articles like this, especially ones so well documented and photogrpahed. But it's still nice to see your name in a national publication. You've made the BIG TIME Pat!

Actually my wife and I had the same feeling when our O gauge train layout was featured in the January 2011 edition of O Gauge Railroading Magazine in a multi-page feature. My wife enjoyed seeing her name on the front cover of the magazine.

I received phone calls and emails from hobbyists all over the country and from Canade and England too!

Congratulations on this milestone! :btu:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:27 am 

Thats awesome!!! I'll have to look for the issue!

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:51 am 

Just got the new Hot Rod in the mail and saw the article on the Mustang! That was awesome. I was flipping through the magazine and said "Wait a minute! I know this Mustang!" LOL! :btu:

by , on Flickr
Some people are like Slinkys. They have no purpose, but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:51 pm 

With the car on the lift we aligned the frontend and installed the splash guards.

The Fastrax alignment gauge works great and we set the camber at -1/4, the caster at +3 ¾, and the toe in at 1/16

Thanks!

Pat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:09 pm 

This has to be the greatest build tread ever on any forum I've seen! Thanks for sharing and bringing us alone for the ride! The work is hard enough, let alone snapping pics, posting updates and the rest of mundane life....

"Great job" just does not do my compliment to you justice.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:25 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

As Pat and Kurt know very well the little details make the difference. No short cuts and no skimping on quality make this restoration a real work of art.

Documenting the entire build with pictures and captions only adds to the overall package. Hopefully Kurt will be able to enjoy driving the car while preserving its immaculate condition.

This is the kind of restoration one sees at the big time Muscle Car Auctions like Barrett-Jackson, Mecum, RM, Auctions America and others. The underside is as clean as the top side and keeping it that way will become a constant battle but I have no doubt that Kurt will be able to keep it looking brand new! :btu:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:37 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:53 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:07 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I'm assuming Pat that Kurt will not be taking the car with him to college. That means it will be kept at home where it will be safe and secure. That way only maintaining the car and making sure it is kept clean and running properly Kurt will be able to drive it on a regular basis once he finishes college.

My brother is a big MOPAR fan and was impressed with the Charger even before you start the restoration. Both he and I will be following that restoration very closely.

I hope that Kurt enjoys the four months he has before beginning college to appreciate all of the hard work both you and he have done to make this car a reality.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:05 pm 

CONGRATS!!! you guys did a heck of a job and should be very proud of your work!!

Looking at the undercarriage, i'd be hesitant to drive it on public roads...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:38 am 

We made are own splash guards using a generic mud flap and some windlace. You can buy premade clip-on splash guards but with this set we could custom fit them.

We fit the guards to the fenders and cut to the inside of the fender, note the notch at the top and bottom to hold the windlace in place.

We know they look like S**T but with all the work we put into the paint and with all the miles we will put on it in June at the Power Tour we need them. There on and off in a minute so they will come off when parked!
Thanks
Pat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:07 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

A wise move considering the Power Tour road trip you guys will be taking in June. Since these mud flaps can be removed for show car purposes and reinstalled for driving purposes it is a very good preventive maintenance move.

Do you and Kurt plan to attend any of the MCOM Car Shows we will be holding this year? A lot of us would like to see this car in person. One of our members brought in the article from Hot Rod magazine to our March meeting to let the club members who were not familiar with this project know what you and Kurt have done with this car.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:02 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next