[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: 68 Mustang Fastback restorations, my sons 1st car.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:38 pm 

We recovered the back seat and installed it and with all but the front seats in we mounted the driver’s door.

The fenders are next!
Thanks!
Pat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:35 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

That backseat looks really good Pat. You may have mentioned this before but is it vinyl or leather?

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:06 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:33 am 

My Stepson has a coupe. it was his fathers car in High School and was Dust Rose in color. not sure if hes going back to that color. i'll ask him if he was it. Thanks Dan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:38 pm 

Polish both front fenders and installed them this weekend.

Starting to look like a mustang again!
Thanks!
Pat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:16 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Yep! :banana2:

It's starting to look like a real car now and not just a lot of parts! You must be nearing the home stretch by now, you know the light at the end of the tunnel. :btu:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:48 am 

VERY NICELY DONE!! :btu:
Can't wait to see it and hear it roar.
Jim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:03 am 

Headlight buckets are polished and installed.

All that work fitting the buckets has paid off as they fit great!

Kurt started on a little inter fender splash shield repair as we will need them soon!
Thanks!
Pat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:42 pm 

Truly amazing! You and your son should have free lifetime memberships to MCOM just for sharing this build here!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:55 pm 

I’ve been out of town and Kurt has been working so no progress on the car but today we install the front bumper.

The new bumper brackets need the holes enlarged to get the bumper to fit properly.

The repro bumper fits pretty good and the chrome is driver quality.
Thanks
Pat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:09 am 

We have turn signal & headlights and hope to polish & install the hood this weekend.

We have about 60 items on our list left to do!
Thanks!
Pat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:42 pm 

She's really coming along!!! You guys wave to bring her out to a cars and coffee one saturday morning when its all buttoned up!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:40 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Only 60 items left to do? Why she should be done in March! :blurryface:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:24 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:26 am 

Tonight we color sanded the hood to 2500 and tomorrow we will polish it.

We hope to mount the hood this week.
Thanks!
Pat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:44 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

That's great to hear Pat. You can see the light at the end of the tunnel! :btu:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Traesurer-Historian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:02 am 

59 items left!

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:20 pm 

The grille is in and all the repro grille parts fit great with a little massaging

We use a 67 grille as it only has 3 mounting tabs on the back that Kurt cut off.

Kurt likes the A/C condenser natural and I think it should be black but it is his car.
Thanks!
Pat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:18 am 

We installed the rear bumper guards and polished the hood this week.

Polished and ready to install

We have been looking forward to put the Bullitt tags on and they look cool!
Thanks!

Pat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:39 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

That hood came out real well Pat. I saw that you were wet sanding it earlier but did you take any photos of the step by step procedures you used to get that result?

How did you polish the hood after the wet sanding?

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next