[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: 68 Mustang Fastback restorations, my sons 1st car.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:31 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:33 pm 

The hood is on and it looks like a complete mustang!

The hood repro trim is a little long as it overhangs by about 3/16 on each side, but it looks right from the front.
Thanks!
Pat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:21 pm 

Before putting the door glass in we painted & install the door latch rods

We use large white shoelace for the door handle rod and also installed some sound insulation inside the lower part of the door. The door glass and power windows are next.
Thanks!
Pat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:44 pm 

Driver’s side door glass is in and adjusted!

The aftermarket power window regulator needed a little cut off one end to make room for the crank switch, and we made a 5/16 shim as the window crank would stick out to far without it.

The stealth power window switch is cool as it will look original. We think the painted round 66 mirror looks a lot better then the rectangular chrome 68 mirror.
Thanks!
Pat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:16 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I agree that that the painted mirror does look better on this car. A lot of subtle updates that make the car more modern without taking anything away from the look of the era.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:21 pm 

We started on the right door glass and installed the left door panel.

As we upgraded to the deluxe interior we need to make a small brace for the deluxe door pulls so we used the old regulator track as it looks like the right size.

The panel fit great and looks cool, just a few details finish and on to the right side.
Thanks
Pat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:32 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Following this project is like watching Wheeler Dealers, the British auto show where they buy a used car and then repair, rebuild and restore it to like new condition.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:55 am 

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:25 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Those guys just restored a 68 Mustang Fastback!

Not quite the restoration that Pat and Kirk are doing but still a nice job and they sold it for big bucks too!

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:30 pm 

We put the driver’s seat it tonight

After locating the seat holes with an awl from the bottom we used a soldering iron to open the holes.

Kurt takes up a little more room in the front seat then he did 2 ½ years ago!
Thanks!
Pat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:35 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Kurt looks pretty comfortable sitting in that newly installed seat. The look of contentment and satisfaction on his face says it all! :btu:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:39 pm 

Car looks great, just wondering if those seats have headrest? I swapped the seats in my jeep years ago because of safety reasons. I'm not trying to be a buzz kill, I just looked at pic with the seat position.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:34 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:35 pm 

The front 3 point belts are in and fit nice.

Would look better if the retractor was mounted inside the quarter cover as there is a lot of dead space inside but maybe next year?
Thanks!
Pat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:40 pm 

2 ½ years ago the Mustang drove into Kurt’s Hot Rod Shop and today it drove out.

Kurt was the 1st and maybe the only one to drive it! I’m still working on him to let me drive it 

After Kurt looked at the car outside he now thinks we should paint the A/C condenser black, as I suggested when we installed it.

Sorry for the bad video and all the pictures, will post better video soon. Kurt was walking on air today! In a few weeks we will finish the loose end and start putting some miles on it.
Thanks!
Pat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:19 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

WOW! :banana2:

Congratulations are in order for both you and Kurt for building this stunning car! You can now see the light at the end of the tunnel as this car is nearly complete. Painting the A/C condenser black is a good call Pat. Once you attach the lower side mouldings it will make the car look complete.

I'll bet Kurt was thinking that this day would never come but both of you had the patience to take your time and do the project right the first time, so Kudos to both of you! :btu:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:03 pm 

Right on!!

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:33 am 
Past President
Past President

Thanks for posting!!! This is the best looking build I`ve seen yet! :btu: :usaflag:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:54 pm 

I have really enjoyed watching the progress, sweet ride. Congrats :btu:

1985 Mustang Gt Red convertible

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:02 pm 

Congrats that mustang looks amazing! Makes me want to find a 68 fastback and restore one myself.

2013 v6 gotta have it green "The Hulk"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next