[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: 68 Mustang Fastback restorations, my sons 1st car.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:14 pm 

Here is a video of Kurt’s car running!
Thanks!

Pat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:23 pm 

Here are a few pictures of Kurt’s 1st cruise in with the local car club.

Now that the car is on the road (note I did not say “now that the car is finished” as they are never finished) it is fun cruising in it not working on it ;-)
Thanks!
Pat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:57 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I noticed the proud look on Kurt's face as he was talking about his car. I'm glad that he is finally getting the opportunity to take his car out to the local cruises and show off his hard work.

The guy who owned the red Mustang Fastback probably had nightmares after seeing Kurt's car! :yikes:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:25 pm 

We reused the leaf spring that came on the car but after a few hard starts we decided to upgrade to a better springs.

3 ½ leaf to 4 ½ and longer

These last two pictures are both 1st! 1st time Kurt drove the car to school and 1st time in the rain! 1st but not the last time as it is a driver!
Thanks
Pat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:05 pm 
President
President

I'm glad to see it is going through its paces as a "driver"! It would be a shame not to drive such a beautiful vehicle, and enjoy every minute of Kurt/your hard work.

I hope to see it at one of the cruises or car shows.

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:14 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I'll bet that Kurt's friends at school are pretty envious of his "daily driver". :btu:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:18 pm 
President
President

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:53 pm 

Last weekend I found a wide view mirror to glue over the side mirror at Carlisle. They are made by Hagan street rod and called Fatties super view mirrors.

Here are the before and after

Big difference and they should help with the blind spot!
Thanks
Pat

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:02 pm 

Drove to the 1st car show for Kurt and the Mustang and took a few pictures along the way.

Nice show with about 300 cars
Thanks
Pat

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:48 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Hey Pat, where was this car show? I'm guessing it was a local event.

Both cars looked great! :btu:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:24 pm 

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:42 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

How did you guys do at the car show? Any trophies or special recognition? :confused2:

We had a nice cruise today, the Cheeburger Cheeburger cruise. There are a lot of photos of cars and people and this "historic" site where St. Mary's College had once stood in the 1890's. Check them out at the Club Event and Meeting Photo section of the forum.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:12 am 

A buddy of mine was there with his GTX took pics of your Charger and the Mustang. I told him about your resto if the Mustang.

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:11 pm 

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:18 pm 

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:06 am 

Yeah, a reddish/copper one IIRC. He just had the engine gone through last year and the engine compartment redone. Rest of car is is great shape.

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:23 pm 

Kurt’s prom night and we had about 38 kids over before the prom and Kurt drove his date in the Mustang.

At school for the last time as a student and off to college soon!
Thanks!

Pat

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:28 pm 

Pat,

Nice to see another vintage Mustang in the stable. Now only thing you need is 1968 Vintage tags on it that say "Bullitt". You can get it at http://www.licenseplates.tv. They normally cost $90 each. They are currently on sale for $81. You take the two plates to the DMV. THey look at the color of the tags, there is a $25 registration fee (one time), then you put them on your car and keep the others in the trunk.

I included a picture of the ones I got for my 71 Boss

Attachments:
boss351 tag.JPG
boss351 tag.JPG [ 1.8 MiB | Viewed 5508 times ]

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3282552
http://video.cardomain.com/71bossmd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:52 am 

2013 Hot Rod Power Tour was 7 towns, 8 days, 1900 miles and AWESOME!

With both of my boys graduating, Nick my oldest from college and Kurt from High school we had to ship Kurt’s Mustang to Dallas as there was no time to drive it to the start of the Tour. My brother was kind enough to trailer Kurt’s car to Weatherford, TX the week before the Tour to a customer warehouse. We also helped two friends get their cars shipped to the same warehouse. So Saturday the 1st of June we flew to Dallas Ft Worth and took a 50 mile cab ride to the warehouse to pick up the cars and start the tour.

With the cars checked out and running drove to Arlington TX to check in to the HRPT

It was great to get on the road and start the Tour. After checking in to the HRPT we when to the Coyote drive in to watch American Graffiti with about 500 other Hot Rods, that was cool!

On the ride to Texarkana the 2nd stop of the Tour My buddy’s Firebird had an ignition problem that we troubleshot to be a bad coil. We found a new coil just up the road and were back on the tour an hour later.

Vic Edelbrock had a cool ride for the tour!

Made it to Texarkana and stay in the town of Hope just north on R30. The Four State Fair grounds was not the nicest stop, but after the firebird ignition problem it was a nice stop to get to!

The drive to Little Rock was good with no problems and a fair grounds was better but I’m sure about the hood that was around it!

The next 5 day to follow!
Thanks!
Pat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:43 pm 

Before going to the Memphis Raceway we stopped at Graceland to see the Kings house! I thought it would be a little hokey but it was cool going through Graceland.

Back on the road for Hoover AL

Just before leaving the event we got hit with about 2” of rain in a hour so we just sat in the cars. We found a small leak in the center windshield over the mirror.

Chattanooga was a nice town and would have like to spend more time there!

At the event in Chattanooga we met up with a fellow power tour vet that we met for the 1st time on the 2011 HRPT. He followed us on the last two days of the tour.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next