[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lawnmower Detailing
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:40 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

As most of you know I suffer from degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis and scoliosis in my lower back. About 5 years ago I purchased a rear wheel drive Cub Cadet Lawnmower to help me cut my grass. The past three years have seen my back condition worsen until I had to have back surgery last July 2012.

So for the past three years my next door neighbors son has been using my lawnmower to cut my grass as I was unable to even use the self propelled mower. I kept up with the maintenance on the mower but kids being kids Quantay just wasn't real careful with my mower and continued to run over rocks and small tree stumps until he finally broke the lawnmower.

I had Bob Thompson take the mower back to his garage to try to fix it, which he did, with the proviso that the crankshaft was severely damaged and it could break down again. The next time I used the mower myself it worked fine until I stopped it and could not restart it again.

Bob took the mower back and lent me a 3 year old Lawnboy Self Propelled Lawnmower as a replacement until he could locate a new part to fix my Cub Cadet. Long story short, the new part is quite expensive, $90. Since I really liked the Lawnboy Bob offered to sell me the Lawnboy and keep the Cub Cadet to fix and use for himself.

Now I should have taken before pictures of the Lawnboy as it looked like a typical well used lawnmower. However, once I bought the mower I decided to clean it up a bit and now it looks brand new!

I washed it with car wash, dried it and then applied Griot's Spray on Wax. Here is what it looks like now.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

Attachments:
DSC_8437 (417x640).jpg
DSC_8437 (417x640).jpg [ 241.72 KiB | Viewed 4668 times ]
DSC_8419 (640x428).jpg
DSC_8419 (640x428).jpg [ 230.17 KiB | Viewed 4668 times ]
DSC_8416 (640x428).jpg
DSC_8416 (640x428).jpg [ 205.44 KiB | Viewed 4668 times ]
DSC_8414 (428x640).jpg
DSC_8414 (428x640).jpg [ 203.67 KiB | Viewed 4668 times ]
DSC_8412 (640x428).jpg
DSC_8412 (640x428).jpg [ 236.49 KiB | Viewed 4668 times ]
DSC_8410 (640x428).jpg
DSC_8410 (640x428).jpg [ 243.07 KiB | Viewed 4668 times ]
DSC_8409 (428x640).jpg
DSC_8409 (428x640).jpg [ 237.22 KiB | Viewed 4668 times ]
DSC_8408 (640x428).jpg
DSC_8408 (640x428).jpg [ 228.13 KiB | Viewed 4668 times ]

Post subject: Re: Lawnmower Detailing
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:12 pm 

Wow, looks brand new!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:33 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Thanks Tony! That's what Bob said when he saw the pictures on my camera at the June meeting! :pepper:

Actually I try to wash off my self propelled lawnmower and my Weedeater Riding Mower after each use. I park them in my garage and now that the garage has been cleaned up and reorganized I don't want to mess it up again.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:26 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:59 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Are you kidding me? Now that I'm retired I'm working harder than ever! :banana:

Since recovering from my back surgery last July, when I was barely able to stand or walk as I was in so much pain, I am now catching up on many of the projects I had to put on hold.

If you are following the detailing section of the forum you will notice that I have reorganized my garage, my laundry room and have gotten back to detailing cars again. In addition I'm the club's historian where I write articles for the Stampede and post hundreds of pictures of club events on this forum and our Facebook page and also the club's Treasurer.

I also write quite a bit on the website and forum with over 2445 posts. Last weekend I had an old friend of mine from grade school and high school visit from his home in Florida. After being blown away with my model railroad empire, which I have been building since 1999, he concluded that I have an obsessive compulsive personality for organization and attention to detail. Who am I too argue with that? :bows:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:56 pm 
President
President

Holy Crap! That mower looks fantastic Steve!

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:09 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:06 pm 
President
President

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:12 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Well I advised my friend Linda to get rid of that brake lock and find something else less damaging to use to lock her car. Like someone would really consider stealing that car! :blurryface:

The ends of the locking bar were missing some sort of protective caps so the ends are very sharp and she just throws it onto the floor by the passenger seat so it is natural for it to scratch up her plastic interior. Maybe I should have fixed it with tennis balls like you see people with walkers use to protect their flooring from scratches.

All I can do is make suggestions, like telling her to throw away that torn up, greasy car seat she sits on. I told her to celebrate her newly restored car by buying a new car seat. I haven't had a chance to see the car so I don't know if she heeded my advise.

I did learn a lesson though. I will no longer just quote a price for detailing before seeing how much work a car needs! :yikes:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:24 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:16 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

No problem Racer. I realize that you were being sarcastic about your comment of "someone having too much time on their hands". Unfortunately using the internet and forums doesn't allow our remarks to come across in a proper tone all of the time. That's why I used the wavy "banana" as a lighthearted attempt to poke fun at myself.

My back issues had become increasingly more debilitating since I was first diagnosed with Sciatica in 2004. As my Scoliosis and Spinal Stenosis got progressively worse over the years I had run out of every conservative option to alleviate my pain. Finally I decided to stop treating the symptoms and start curing the problem which had to be done through surgery. Fortunately, new minimally invasive procedures have been developed to correct the root cause of my back problem, although I still suffer from degenerative disc disease and arthritis, to alleviate the pain and allow me to once again to do the things I like to do such as working around the house, detailing cars and taking pictures for the club.

My biggest problem is sometimes overdoing and than paying for it the next day!

With the Century Ford Car Show coming up on Saturday I have decided to work on my car over a couple of days instead of all in one day. I just want to make my car presentable for the show.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian