[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Road Trip Protection
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:48 pm 

In a week or so I am leaving on vactaion to head down to FL for a few weeks. We have decided to take the boss and I am looking for ways to keep her look nice and protected. I looked at roadwrap and while it looks terrible it may work. I did look for some reviews on it and they were 50/50 in terms of being favorable. Some complained that it took the UV coatings off of their headlights, others reported no issues. Any one have experience with it? My other option is just blue painters tape... Looks like crap but its dirt cheap and cheaper then patching stone chips. Allready have one Id like to avoid more, at least untill the car is more then a few weeks old.
Thanks,
-Textile

GB Boss 302 #435

Post subject: Re: Road Trip Protection
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:38 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I wish I had seen your thread earlier as you may have already left for your vacation by the time you read this posting.

When I had my windows tinted by D&L they were offering a clear, form fitting wrap for cars to protect them from stone chips and other road hazzards.

As much as we'd like to keep our cars completely safe from the everyday obstacles of the real world you can't really do that unless you keep your car parked in a garage and never drive it!

You might consider ordering some Dr. Colorchip touch up paint. It is more than just a touch up paint, it is a simple system to keep your car looking new against all of the obstacles we have to contend with everyday.

Here are the photos I took of your car after the June Meeting.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

Attachments:
DSC_0228 (640x426) - Copy - Copy.jpg
DSC_0228 (640x426) - Copy - Copy.jpg [ 267.27 KiB | Viewed 3605 times ]
DSC_0227 (640x426) - Copy (2).jpg
DSC_0227 (640x426) - Copy (2).jpg [ 247.73 KiB | Viewed 3605 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:04 am 
President
President

Steve is referring to a product made by 3M and is referred to as a clear bra. a little pricey, but as you stated before it would be more expensive to repair all the stone chips.

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:12 am 

I would consider that when you are driving and I would assume down I-95 that you pick and choose how close you are to things in front. I am not telling you how to drive but as a OTR driver I know folks on 4 wheels sometimes are clueless of road hazards and drive way to close to other vehicles.

Somethings are just gonna happen and that is that. That 3M wrap would be a wise investment since I know you'll wanna gouge on it once you are outside the state of Virginia and some cat in a vette is just going to want to see if you can hang.
Have a great vacation and enjoy the lower gas prices.

:3gears:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:16 pm 

I checked in to having the clear 3M film installed and it was more than a repaint job. $598 to do the front of my 06. Ebay sells kits pre-cut and by the roll if you want to try a DYI. I bought a (9" by 56") roll and cut it as I applied it to my new escape just before our vac to Myrtle Beach. It was easy to do since I did not have the time or inclination to make it look terrific for ever. I paid something like $25 and thought it was worth it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:47 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Anytime you can buy a DIY Kit and actually do the work yourself you can save a bundle over having a professional do it for you. Convenience has a price especially with specialty or niche products.

I'm sure that a handy person could do this job themselves if they take the time and follow the instructions.

It's probably a worthwhile product for someone who does a lot of highway driving.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian