Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Waterless Car Wash
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:00 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Today I had an opportunity to try out Griot's Garage Waterless Car Wash. My car wasn't real dirty but it did have dried water spots from the recent rain we had and a lot of embedded surface dirt and dust, enough to dull the shine.

I used the Griot's Waterless Car Wash as directed by spraying it on my car liberally and allowing it to set for about 15 seconds. Then I took a microfiber cloth and wiped the dirt away! I took a fresh microfiber towel and buffed the cleaned off area to reveal a really clean car with a lot of shine!

Tomorrow is the St. Patrick's Day Parade so all I'll need to do is give the car a quick detail with my Griot's Speed Shine Detailer for a just polished look.

I am a really big fan of all of the Griot's Garage products I have tried and continue to use. I have done professional detailing with these products for stunning results!

I'll follow up tomorrow with some pics from the parade.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

Post subject: Re: Waterless Car Wash
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:58 am 

I'll have to look that one up. I've become a fan of the Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine Two Bucket method. Essentially, one bucket is the solution and water, and the other bucket is clean water. During the winter, I filled the buckets up from the bath tub with hot water so my hands wouldn't freeze. You simply wash a small area of the car with the rinse solution, dry it off, clean the mitt in the clean water, and do another section. My timing is the entire car takes about an hour, and you get a really nice clean car, tires and wheels (do the latter last with a separate clean water bucket, so it's really three buckets).

Obviously, if the car is heavily soiled, or you have a bit of junk in the wheel wells, a trip to the local self serve car wash to remove the heavy stuff with a pressure wand is needed first, but this stuff is pretty darn good.

Just FYI...
John

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:51 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Hi John,

Here are some pics from the St. Patrick's Day Parade. I washed the car last night and here's what it looks like today without any water or buckets or soap!

I did use the Griot's Speed Shine Detailer after the first picture was taken. The second & third photos show the car with the Speed Shine Detailer which only enhances the color and shine!

The first photo is the one in the parking lot.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

Attachments:
Image299.jpg
Image299.jpg [ 117.57 KiB | Viewed 3063 times ]
Image290.jpg
Image290.jpg [ 118.31 KiB | Viewed 3063 times ]
Image272.jpg
Image272.jpg [ 121.08 KiB | Viewed 3063 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:59 am 

Amazing stuff! Technology has come a long way. Thinking about that, I could take the materials with me to work, and wash the car in the parking lot assuming it's not too heavily soiled!

John

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:04 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I too was skeptical at first John. I watched the videos on their website and they had two examples of heavily soiled cars in which the man was able to clean them both in less than a half hour each.

This product was designed for people who may live in places with water restrictions or no access to a hose. It works on the same principal as their Speed Shine Detailer. The product has a lot of lubricants that dislodge the dirt and grime and protects against scratches while cleaning.

It also leaves the car with a glossy shine too. :btu:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian