[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: High end detailing
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:41 am 
Check out Griots Garage online. Really good products but expensive. I have used their clay bar system and its much better then the others I have seen. Get the catalog, its got some pretty good stuff in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:11 am 

I use Griot's products since I got my Georgia State Patrol mustang. That's all the previous owner used on it. Love the stuff!

Mustang Club of Maryland
Special Service Mustang Owner's Association
Bad Pony Club---Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:14 pm 
Very nice stuff indeed. Expensive but well worth it. Even their polishing and waxing pads are completely different then others. There product is also designed so that you dont use as much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:58 pm 

Mustang Club of Maryland
Special Service Mustang Owner's Association
Bad Pony Club---Moderator

Post subject: Re: High end detailing
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:02 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

On the subject of high end detailing and Griot's Garage Products, I have decided to to take my passion for auto detailing to the next level.

Since retiring I have invested in the Griot's Garage Professional Polishers and their polishes and waxes. I have also been buying a vast array of their other detailing products along with the current products I personally use and trust.

I successfully used their Machine Polishes to eliminate scratches and scuffs from my wife's Mercury Mariner's rear bumper after another car accidentally hit her. Fortunately the trailer hitch took most of the hit but the rear bumper was really scarred up pretty badly.

We felt sorry for the young man who was driving his father's car so I told him that I would try to fix the car rather than take it to a shop. The results are amazing!

I'm looking forward to detailing cars and trucks as a part time business. I believe that there is a need out there for affordable but high quality auto detailing for both everyday drivers and show cars alike.

Family members and friends are already lining up to have their cars professionally detailed. I will be working by appointment only to insure that I can completely satisfy all of my customers.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:49 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Just before the Ford Nationals at Carlisle I detailed my 2002 Mustang using the Griot's garage Clay Bar System with my Griot's 6" polisher and their Best of Show Carnauba Wax applied with the 6" polisher.

Using the Clay Bar, Speed Shine for lubrication and the polisher really made short work of clay barring the car!

The Best of Show Car Wax went on like a breeze but I have to admit that it was not as easy to take off using a microfiber towel as I would have expected. I'll admit that I have been spoiled with the easy to remove Synthetic Waxes I have been using in the past but the results are fantastic! The wax deepened the color and the body is smooth as glass.

Since my paint is is really good condition I'm going to be using the Griot's Garage Paint Sealant the next time I wax the car as it is very easy to apply and take off and offers up to 12 months of protection. I applied the paint sealant to my aluminum wheels and it really brought them back to life. The sealant also makes cleaning up brake dust very easy, just rinse with water!

I also used their Speed Shine as a quick detailer. In the past I have sworn by Meguairs Ultimate Detailer as it does a fantastic job but the Griot's Garage Speed Shine and their great sprayer is even better. Even my brother noted the difference as both he and I were cleaning up the car after we arrived at Carlisle.

Here are a few photos of my car at Carlisle. Last year I had my car repainted by Maaco and it is a daily driver. On some of the photos you can see reflections of buildings and other objects in the paint!

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

Attachments:
Image370.jpg
Image370.jpg [ 134.21 KiB | Viewed 4810 times ]
Image366.jpg
Image366.jpg [ 117.99 KiB | Viewed 4810 times ]
Image351.jpg
Image351.jpg [ 122.7 KiB | Viewed 4810 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:43 pm 

I agree that griots products are superior. To remove the best of show wax I spritz the quick detailer over it... the end result is the same, but much easier to remove.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:03 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I'll try that next time. The Speed Shine does a great job of cleaning the car and lubricating the surface for clay barring so it would make sense that it would also speed up the wax removal process.

I see from their catalog that they offer various buffing pads and covers to machine buff the wax but that can become quite expensive.

While I like the results of the Best of Show Carnauba Wax, I've been spoiled by the ease of application and removal from the New Genesis Car Polish I've been using. That product can be applied in direct sun, left to stand and still wipe off without any residue or effort.

The owner of the company sold his proprietary formula to a major manufacturer and now Meguairs has come out with a premium car wax that can be used in direct sun.

I'm going to try out that product although it is a synthetic and not a carnauba wax. I've had no issues with the synthetics I've used in the past so I'll continue to use them whenever I feel they will do the job.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:51 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

After the Ford Nationals at Carlisle I took the opportunity to wax my car again this time using Griot's Garage Paint Sealant. This product is absolutely fantastic!

It goes on with the orbital polisher and leaves virtually nothing to wipe off. I used it on my Mercury Mariner too and the paint looks wet! Not only does this protect deliver a terrific shine but it also protects the cars finish for up to one year!

I also used this protect on Bob Thompson's 2009 GT and the results were dramatic to say the least.

Now that my back and hip issues have been checked out by my Orthopedic Doctors and I have been given an anti-inflammatory medicine, I have given permission to participate in detailing cars for others.

If you'd like to have your car detailed, including engine bay, please give me a call or email me to discuss your car's needs. You'll find that I am very reasonable and "detail oriented" too.

Midnight Blue
Steve Tapper
MCOM Historian
steventapper@yahoo.com
410-526-4345

Attachments:
Image054.jpg
Image054.jpg [ 122.68 KiB | Viewed 4736 times ]
Image053.jpg
Image053.jpg [ 112.71 KiB | Viewed 4736 times ]
Image051.jpg
Image051.jpg [ 127.31 KiB | Viewed 4736 times ]