[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for a new west-side meeting location
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:10 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

I need to ask a question to our west-side members. I am looking for more places to hold our club meetings. We usually meet at a restaurant. We need to be able a discuss club issues and take votes. We have the east-side and Harford County covered. I am looking at a couple of places near Owing Mills and Security. But we are looking for an Eldersburg / Elliott City meeting spots. We usually have about 35 people in attendance. Meetings are on Wednesday nights from 7-9.

The DoubleT Dinner in Elliott City said they cannot hold 35 in one area.
Glory Days in Eldersburg is reportedly to loud.
Salerno is not big enough, unless we want to sit on the Patio in March...

I am looking for suggestions. I will be glad to make the phone call and make the arragnements. I just need some suggestions as to where.

Thanks,
DRRummel

Post subject: Re: Looking for a new west-side meeting location
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:06 pm 

What about Famous Daves in Owings Mills? I think they have a back room area. Not sure.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:19 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:11 pm 

There is a Famous Daves in Columbia as well as MiMi's. Both are right off Rt. 95. Not quite Eldersburg, but closer than Belair.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:32 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

Sykesville

Cobblestone Tavern & Grille
1438 Liberty Rd
(410) 795-7001
Tavern – Not sure if it is ‘family friendly’ enough. Willing to having us. Contact: Bob

Eldersburg

Serra Brothers Deli
(410)795-5600
Sports bars is on the other side. There is a glass wall to isolate the noise. Family friendly. We will take most of his dining area. He will deal with this. The parking. Contact: James (cell) (443)845-7355

Smoky’s Barbeque Restaurant
2030 Liberty Road
Eldersburg, MD, 21784
410-549-2880
First Come, first Served. There will not reserve seating for us. Wednesday nights are busy for them. They can seat 100 people. “Not at all inviting…” Contact: Steve

Bob Evans
1211 Liberty Rd
Eldersburg, MD 21784
(410) 552-9792
Contact: Kelly GM: Eric (6a-4p) they already have a car club meet on Wednesday nights. Antique cars club of 10-30 people show up. They get a discount. Talk to Eric to see if he can schedule us with the Antique car Club.

Salerno's Restaurant & Catering
1043 Liberty Rd
(410) 795-8710
No parking. Patio Seating.

Glory Days Grill
1348 Liberty Rd
(410)552-5160
Curently have a March 6th Reservation. It was suggested it is too loud for a meeting.

Elkridge

MiMi’s
8250 Gateway Overlook Dr
Elkridge, MD 21075
(443) 285-0228
http://www.mimiscafe.com
Semi Private Room at no charge. Plenty of parking. Contact: Browyn Bates. Really good muffins.

Ellicott City

Serafino’s Italian Restaurant
3419 Plum Tree Dr
(410) 465-7775
Food is highly recommended. They have a downstairs room (private party) we can use at no charge. Contact: Any Manager

Ellicott Mills Brewing Company
8308 Main Street
Ellicott City, MD 21043
410-313-8141
Glad to have us. A meeting is not a problem as long as we are eating there. The whole 2nd floor is restaurant seating. We would only need ¼ of the restaurant. There is a metered parking lot next to the restaurant. Contacted: Dave

Double T Dinner
10055 Baltimore National Pike
Ellicott City, MD 21043
Not enough Seating. Best offer 10 people in one spot and 10 in another.

Security

Double T Dinner
6300 Baltimore National Pike
Catonsville, MD 21228
(410) 744-4151
Will Work with us. They have a back room at no charge.

Tokyo Seafood Buffet Hibachi Grill & Sushi
http://tokyoseafoodbuffet.com/
6901 Security Blvd
Baltimore, MD 21244
Plenty of parking. Side room for meetings. Side room can hold 250 people. Excellent food. American, Chinese, Hibachi, Steaks and Sushi. Need to call ahead to reserve.

Owning Mills

Nino Taco
(TexMex Style)
10902 Owings Mills Blvd
suite #5
Owings Mills, Maryland 21117
(410) 581-2914
Would like to have us on a Wednesday night. Call to make arrangements. Restaurant seats 41. We are welcome to take over the restaurant from 7:00 – 9:00. Plenty of parking in front and on the side lot.

Famous Dave’s
10500 Owings Mills Boulevard
Owings Mills, MD 21117
410-998-9577
They have a back area for parties (aka the Bait and Tackle area). First Come and first Server policy. They always have background music playing. Contact: Patrick.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:17 am 

-Security and that area of Catonsville area is a bit "rough" anymore.
-Nino Taco is decent, I used to goto the one in Lansdowne/Arbutus all the time before he closed it. He actually ran it into the ground... I hit the Owings Mills one once in awhile for lunch. A buddy of mine works there during the day he and his GF worked at the Arbutus one. The lunch crowd can get busy, never been for dinner there. I do know the students from Stevenson go alot. At one time they had deal nights for them during football and baseball season.
-Been to Cobblestone a couple times with family, my stepbrother and his wife live near there.
-Smokeys used to be the Eldersburg Canopy. Food isn't as good as it used to be and it's a bit run down... Parking sucks on a good day.
-Mimi's is right by me, never been there.
-Ellicott mills is cool, but we'd all have to be running outside to feed the meters. Thank you "hysterical" district.
-Famous Daves in Columbia is "eh". I even saw them closed for awhile as I go by there on the way to school. Dunno why, saw a few construction supply trailers and vehicles there... I was in there with a friend and his wife beginning of the year and saw nothing different... Dunno about the Owings Mills one. I do see it on they way in/out to Nino's. The Parking is "ok" at Columbia but the whole layout of the shopping center for Target sucks... (Pretty much the case with any shopping center around Columbia, old man Rouse is rolling in his grave I'm sure) PITA to get in and out of at times.

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:57 pm 

Mimi is 'da bomb...with great muffins. They also have plenty of parking

Famous Daves in Owings Mills used to be really good (of course I have not gone to that one since I moved to Dundalk).

Metered parking could be hard in Ellicott City.

Don't know much about the others.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:03 pm 

Belisimos has a place about 3 miles west of Eldersburg at Liberty Rd and Klee Mill Road. Not sure how many they can seat though. :confused2:

Post subject: The vote is in - March 2012 Meeting Location
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:28 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

The vote is in and we are going to meet at Serafino’s Italian Market in Ellicott City. The food was highly recommended and they were eager to have us. It looks like we will be in a private room downstairs.

Serafino’s Italian Market
419 Plum Tree Drive
Ellicott City, Md. 21042
(410)465-7775
http://www.serafinosonline.com

Directions:
Take I-695 BALTIMORE BELTWAY
Merge onto BALTIMORE NATIONAL PIKE / US-40 W via EXIT 15B toward ELLICOTT CITY for approx. 6 miles
Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto PLUM TREE DRIVE
Make LEFT onto 3419 Plum Tree Drive

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:30 pm 

Menu looks good and prices not overly out of sight. Mangia :btu:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:53 am 

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:04 pm 

Cobblestone Tavern & Grille
1438 Liberty Rd
(410) 795-7001
Tavern – Not sure if it is ‘family friendly’ enough. Willing to having us. Contact: Bob

I think this is my cousin. Bob Mitchell?
BTW, this wasn't a late vote just a question.